Sapele Laptop Desks Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
OK, if I still remember how to post the pics, here's a couple shots of the sapele laptop desk/trays with the poly drying on them. Just got them sprayed and the edges treated about an hour ago.

This has been one of the most popular things I've ever made. Simple, handy, lightweight.

Thanks for looking.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:icon_cheers houston control we have pics!:rotflm: they look good. why not solid wood?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:icon_cheers houston control we have pics!:rotflm: they look good. why not solid wood?

I just took what Rick DiNardo had in stock and he had a sheet of this stuff. Right pretty, ain't it? Works for this application!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I just took what Rick DiNardo had in stock and he had a sheet of this stuff. Right pretty, ain't it? Works for this application!

it is pretty stuff. I used it for my kithen cabinets a few years ago. only for the stuff that showed though. it's spendy!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
it is pretty stuff. I used it for my kithen cabinets a few years ago. only for the stuff that showed though. it's spendy!

UR right about the "spendy" part! Cost of the wood plus the cushion, I've got north of $12 in one of these simple things. Not counting the poly and my $3/hr. for labor!!
:wsmile:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
UR right about the "spendy" part! Cost of the wood plus the cushion, I've got north of $12 in one of these simple things. Not counting the poly and my $3/hr. for labor!!
:wsmile:

$3/hr...Man, I hope that one day I can get into the big money like you. :rotflm: :rotflm:

BTW the grain is just crazy. There's gonna be some lucky folks that open those gifts. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Chuck

b4man

New User
Barbara
I know it's not polite to ask what someone paid for anything:swoon: BUT, how mush does a sheet of Sapelle run? Approximatly. Doe it come in standard 4x8?
BTW, I think you deserve at least $3.50 per hour:gar-La;

You have really done a great job on these desk and I love mine. Thank you.

Barbara

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I know it's not polite to ask what someone paid for anything:swoon: BUT, how mush does a sheet of Sapelle run? Approximatly. Doe it come in standard 4x8?
BTW, I think you deserve at least $3.50 per hour:gar-La;

You have really done a great job on these desk and I love mine. Thank you.

Barbara

If I recall it was around 100 dollars a sheet at jacksons in fuquay. but that was at least 6 years ago...

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Rick cut me some slack on this. It was about $60 for the sheet, 4 X 8. MDF core, birch back?

that's not too bad. the stuff I got was sepele both sides and the 1/2" was solid wood core. the 3/4" was plywood core but both sides good. the 3/4 was a little more $$$. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors