Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
ScottM has reported a post.

Reason:
IMHO the phase "scum bag" needs to be removed.
Forum: User Announcements
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: The BoardSMITH
Original Content:
I'm sorry the scum bags decided to steal your goods. We work so hard to get tools to earn a living or to do a hobby and someone like them comes along. Even though my building is fairly well secure and has an alarm, I still lock all the portable electric tools in a Knaack tool box. If they want the tools that bad they can take the whole box. I will not make it easy for them.

I sincerely hope you can get your tools back and the bozos spend some time behind bars.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Why? It avoids any PC term...It's not offensive to anyone specific group of people.

If we remove "scum bags" we should remove "bozos" too.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Boy, thats a tough one.

Calling scum bags scum bags seems ok to me. Not sure where in the policy it'd be a violation.

Now, if we are offending the scum bag (criminal) members......

I'd suggest watching the thread to see if scum bags sends the conversation down the tubes.

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
While I 110% agree that the person or person involved should their male parts removed, assuming they are males, the term "scum bags" might be a term we do not want to allow. Now this is just my 2 cents on the topic.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
In the context of the thread, as the term was used towards a criminal and not any race/class/status of person I'm totally OK with it. There weren't any generalizations being made and, compared to some of the other adjectives that could have been used, it was a pretty decent choice....

Trav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS