refinishing class

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Just thought I would share with you folks one of my lastest projects. I have started a class on refinishing furniture at the local Habitat Restore. The idea is that when someone comes in and looks at a piece of furniture in the store and it is in need of repair/refinishing if there was someone who could show/teach them how to fix it they would hopefully be more willing to buy it. I started the class last week with three people who did just that. We meet once a week for about an hour. So far we have stripped the pieces and next week will start preparing them for finishing. The class seems to be generating a lot of interest and I am enjoying not only the work/instruting but also meeting new people. The local news paper is going to run an article on the class and that should stimulate interest even more. Plus, it's a "plug" for Habitat.
Jim Mauldin

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
Just thought I would share with you folks one of my lastest projects. I have started a class on refinishing furniture at the local Habitat Restore. The idea is that when someone comes in and looks at a piece of furniture in the store and it is in need of repair/refinishing if there was someone who could show/teach them how to fix it they would hopefully be more willing to buy it. I started the class last week with three people who did just that. We meet once a week for about an hour. So far we have stripped the pieces and next week will start preparing them for finishing. The class seems to be generating a lot of interest and I am enjoying not only the work/instruting but also meeting new people. The local news paper is going to run an article on the class and that should stimulate interest even more. Plus, it's a "plug" for Habitat.
Jim Mauldin

When are the classes meeting? I'd be interested in attending some - I work in N. Winston and used to have a few clients in Mayberry so I'm very familiar with the area. Where is the store located?

jmauldin

New User
Jim
We are meeting on Thursday afternoons from 3-4 at the Habitat Restore located on W. Pine St. (Hwy 89 going to the interstate). Come up Hwy 52, exit on Hwy 89 W. go about a mile (before you come to the red light). You will see a Bottom Dollar store on the right. The Habitat store is next door. The class is really just a simple refinishing - We strip by hand, rinse, sand and repair any defects, apply finish. I don't get into mixing color much or glazing or buffing out finishes. That would be a little too much for this group. Like I said, it is a simple project, but hopefully it will stimulate interest in refinishing and the Habitat store.
You're welcome to join us.
Jim in Mayberry
336-710-2876

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS