Reconditioned Dewalt Planers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

New User
Dan
I do not have experience with this company (CPO), but I ordered a reconditioned DW734 today for $319 including shipping (there is a $20 discount for any Dewalt order over $99, plus free shipping). They also have the DW735, but from what I have read the differences between the two are the 735 has two speeds and a fan to blow out the dust. It seems that most people who have compared them don't care about the new features, so I opted to save $160.

http://www.cpopowertools.com/dewalt.../dewalt-reconditioned-planers,default,sc.html

Semmons23

New User
Steve
I've bought a few things from them and they always get it to me the next day even with the free shipping. My Milwaukee reconditioned drill had a problem but the swapped it for with free return shipping no questions asked. Didnt even wait to get it back first I'll use them again

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I purchased several recon tools from CPO and have been totally satisfied.

bobby g

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
+1. Have purchased several items from then, both reconditioned and new. My Ridgid R4330 planer was a reconditioned unit from CPO.

Heres hoping they start selling reconditioned Powermatic tools. Sure would like to get a PM2000. :gar-Bi

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
MarkE;369945 Heres hoping they start selling reconditioned Powermatic tools. Sure would like to get a PM2000. :gar-Bi[/QUOTE said:
When you're ready to get one call Jimbo here: http://www.generalindustrial.com/
He has 4-5 most times. They recondition and sell seconds/scratch-dent/overstock/returns direct from Jet, Wilton and Powermatic. My 12" Jet disc sander came from there.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
+1 for CPO.

I recently bought the Bosch hand planner for $87.00 (including shipping). New, $159. My only disappointment was it didn't come with the plastic carrying case. It also didn't include the allen wrench for blade changes, but what woodworker doesn't have plenty of them??

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
When you're ready to get one call Jimbo here: http://www.generalindustrial.com/
He has 4-5 most times. They recondition and sell seconds/scratch-dent/overstock/returns direct from Jet, Wilton and Powermatic. My 12" Jet disc sander came from there.

Thanks for that link Mark.

Looks like he doesn't have any used or refurbished PM2000's on hand right now. I saved the link so I can check back again.

DanR

New User
Dan
Thanks again Mark. I'll call them tomorrow (SWMBO will be out for the day) :gar-Bi

Mine is out of the state for a month. When she gets here I am going to have to come up with some creative stories the first few times she wanders into the shop ;)

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Mine is out of the state for a month. When she gets here I am going to have to come up with some creative stories the first few times she wanders into the shop ;)

Just make her something nice using wood that 'had' to go through the planer. That usually works for me. :no:

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
Not all "reconditioned" tools are the same. There some companies out there that buy and then re-sell reconditioned tools from the big manufacturers. They don't even look in the box to see if the thing can run. I've had one or two learning experiences with this. If you have a problem they direct you back to the manufacturer. Now I make sure I ask before I buy. The companies mentioned above are NOT on my list of do not buy.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Have had good luck with reconditioned tools

I like reconditioned tools, that is saving money and getting a good tool. I was told by one representative that the reconditioned tools were ones that failed quality control during the assembly or at the end of the line, then was returned to the beginning and repaired, or may be one that just got a scratch that didn't meet the standard for sending to the distributor.

I have been hoping to see 15" helix head planer that has been "reconditioned", through a manufacturer that just wants to release the item at a sacrificial low price, perhaps a powermatic, delta, or grizzly. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS