Raleigh Klingspor Woodworking Showcase -Saturday, April 26, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The Raleigh Klingspor Store is sponsoring a Woodworking Showcase and competition. A printable brochure in PDF format is available for you to view and/or print. This brochure should supply all the details you will need. Let's make sure that North Carolina Woodworker has some great representation.

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Hey guys what's going on. Klinspor has very few entries form our group. Come on, let's show those TWA'ers and othe convential clubs what we can produce.

If nothing else, please remember how well Klingspor supports us. Let's try and support them. Get your entries in. Remember, what you enter does not have have to be something you do just for this contest. It can be any project of yours no matter how old.(though you might want to dust it off :rotflm:)

Deadline for entries is 4/14/08

cskipper

Cathy
Steve, I can send some pieces to enter but I can't be there. I thought I had read somewhere that you had to be there during the competition. I just scanned the brochure and didn't see that requirement. Hope I didn't miss it.

If someone would be willing to deliver it and pick it back up for me, I'll be glad to submit a couple of pieces (if I can figure out which to submit :lol:)

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Yes, thank you for the heads up. Until now, I was under the (mistaken) impression that I didn't need to pay until I showed up with my entry the morning of the show. Since I'll be in the neighborhood tomorrow, I'll be sure and drop off my fee.

How do we indicate we're from NCWW.net?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Yes, thank you for the heads up. Until now, I was under the (mistaken) impression that I didn't need to pay until I showed up with my entry the morning of the show. Since I'll be in the neighborhood tomorrow, I'll be sure and drop off my fee.

How do we indicate we're from NCWW.net?
Ask them when you drop it off.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I can send some pieces to enter but I can't be there. I thought I had read somewhere that you had to be there during the competition. I just scanned the brochure and didn't see that requirement. Hope I didn't miss it.

If someone would be willing to deliver it and pick it back up for me, I'll be glad to submit a couple of pieces (if I can figure out which to submit :lol:)
Cathy, if you can get them to me, I'll be glad to take them over and bring them back to my place or deliver to ncww express

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I'd really love to participate... but it seems that every show, opening, competition, extravaganza, workshop, school, demo, and anchovy eating contest is on a Saturday. We need to consider Sunday for one of these events or add another day to the weekend.

Ray

FredFord

New User
Fred Ford
At last count we have twenty people presenting entry forms. TWA has 200 members and NCWW has 400 to 500 members in the triangle area. I am betting TWA will have the majority of the entries. Get with it NCWW, your support is needed.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
We've just got our newest entry -

Re: Woodworking Showcase and Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO
AlexL...this is calling to you. Your pens could win even going up against some older completion.

Dave:smile:

My dad just showed me your post we printed out the form and my dad will drop it off tomorrow after work

now I have to pick my 3 best pens!!! alexl

I bet TWA doesn't have anyone in the Youth category :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would love to see a better showing for the whole show, and from the members here. If I had anything worth of presenting I would have it in there. But alas I've sold it all.
Dave:)

T

toolferone

If I had anything worth of presenting I would have it in there. But alas I've sold it all.
Dave:)

Rubbish:icon_chee , I am sure you have something you could enter. Who said anything about being worthy? Just enter anyway. It is good experience. Of course it is easy for me to say since I just signed up to enter a couple of items.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
.....and if you do not have a project you wish to submit just come and hang out with some of us fellow woodworkers for a few hours. You might just make a new best friend.

P.S. I heard someone mention free food. :wwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS