Quick Clamp Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

New User
Todd
Did they tell you they were sending you the clamps? Or did you email and they just arrived?
Thanks,
Todd

MikeH

New User
Mike
Did they tell you they were sending you the clamps? Or did you email and they just arrived?
Thanks,
Todd

I emailed Bo and he put me on the list. I then emailed him yesterday to find out when we might get them and they were boxing them up when he got the email.

HTH,

MarkW

New User
Mark
I got the same kit. I did get an email saying they were going to send them last week and they came today. The camera was a surprise, I guess Bo has not seen my photography skills.:-(

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Got a box with clamps and a camera yesterday.
I read the letter and went straight out to the shop and started playing with them.
There is one, that from the "git go" that isnt in the same group as the others IMHO.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Mine arrived yesterday also.
Tried a few out while building the latest set of doll beds.
It'll be interesting to see what people think of the variety.
Ron

Toddler

New User
Todd
I found a box when I go home too. Used the Irwin, Jorgensen, and Harbor Freight(?) clamp yesterday.

But I suggest we don't discuss our opinions of the clamps here, at least not yet. It would bias the results that Bo gets. It might be interesting to see if our opinions are the same later, after we send Bo our individual thoughts.

Sound fair?

Todd

MikeH

New User
Mike
I have one that I like more than the others just by the feel of it. I won't say which one until we've all talked to Bo.

acj1286

New User
Bo
Clamp Discussion

So it sounds as if the boxes arrived yesterday which is great. Todd makes a good point. If you have some immediate impressions and want to share them with me by all means shoot me an email and let me know what you think. I would however like to keep the discussion or comparisson on this thread to a minimum until after I we talk with each of you. Once that's done (in a few weeks) I'd be really interested to see how the group responds in discussion here. I can even compose a compilation of the "first impressions" I get from you all and post them.

In the meantime, if you have had gripes or praise about quick clamps or clamps in general (irwin or otherwise) by all means bring them up and let's discuss. I can even start by saying that no matter what I do when I'm clamping something up the bars always seem to get in the way. I guess it's just the nature of the beast. Maybe that's why I reach for handscrew clamps or a vise whenever I can get away with it.

-b

MikeH

New User
Mike
Re: Clamp Discussion

So it sounds as if the boxes arrived yesterday which is great. Todd makes a good point. If you have some immediate impressions and want to share them with me by all means shoot me an email and let me know what you think. I would however like to keep the discussion or comparisson on this thread to a minimum until after I we talk with each of you. Once that's done (in a few weeks) I'd be really interested to see how the group responds in discussion here. I can even compose a compilation of the "first impressions" I get from you all and post them.

In the meantime, if you have had gripes or praise about quick clamps or clamps in general (irwin or otherwise) by all means bring them up and let's discuss. I can even start by saying that no matter what I do when I'm clamping something up the bars always seem to get in the way. I guess it's just the nature of the beast. Maybe that's why I reach for handscrew clamps or a vise whenever I can get away with it.

-b

Will do Bo. We'll be sure to express our opinions exclusively to you until you've talked to everyone in a couple weeks. Bo are you ok with us posting pics or should we wait? It's your call.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
My box was here too, and just sitting here playing with them I could see things that I liked and disliked about each. Like someone else said, there is one that is for sure a misfit in the bunch, not up to any standard like the others. This will be interesting to say the least. Now what project can I come up with to work them out.....maybe a cat bed?:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Darn. Wish I got in this test.:-( I don't knoe what all of you need shop-wise, but I have a great project for testing them on. I have been building tool holders for my shop; square holders, combination square holders, saw holders, etc. Each of these requires 2-3 clamps while the glue dries before I screw them to the wall/cabinet. I have been using quick-grips, little Bessey clamps, spring clamps and anything else in the shop.;-) Good luck guys. Ilook forward to the pics.

Doug

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Here's the pic of the clamps I received ... and put to good use today!

P10100221.JPG

Toddler

New User
Todd
I only got the four on the left. I've use them to clamp several pieces of the 1/2 size guitar I'm building as well as to clamp stops to the jointer or drill press. The guitar is coming along nicely :) and I'm using the clamps almost daily. I'm making sure to compare them too.
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS