Put your money where your mouth is - BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey All,
This thread is not a discussion about BBQ, but rather a chance for a few of you people to put your money where you mouth is....as in BBQ sauces .

The picnic is coming and the meat will be cooking soon, so it's time to bring out your best sauce recipes. We can have a table set up with everyones sauce and give 'em all a try, maybe even have a vote to see who's is liked the best.

So please, without getting this thread moderated, let us know wnat to expect and bring out your best.

It's time to get your game on !:icon_thum

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have published my secret recipe several times and it is still secret. So it must not be very popular around here.

Now in Alabama, if you open a jar people come from miles around.

If, and i won't know until the day before, but, if I can come I promise to make some sauce.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Sounds good Mike, Thanks. I'm not looking for recipes as much as people to say that they are going to bring theirs.

BTW, I never met a bbq sauce that I didn't like, some are just better to me than others. When I came down here and ate Eastern NC bbq I didn't like it at first, now I think that vinegar based bbq is probably my favorite kind.

But sauces are what makes it. :icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Jimmy,

If I can't be there maybe my sauce can. Here's the cut sheet and assembly instructions.

3 cloves garlic crushed
1 red onion finely diced
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup fresh butter

1 can tomato paste
1 cup black molasses
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
1 cup water

2 cayenne peppers finely diced (or more)
2 Tsp fresh Cilantro finely chopped
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp black pepper
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cumin

Plump raisins by bringing to boil in just enough water to cover. When soft mash to a paste.

Saute onion in butter, add garlic and raisin paste. Simmer until very soft then add rest of liquids. Bring to boil then simmer over low heat stirring often for about 30 min. Add spices and let simmer another 30 min. to several hours. Add a little water if it needs thinning while it simmers.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Mike ,
I hope you can be there, but if not hopefully somebody can make it, I might try if I can find the time, but I'll be busy making loaves of bread the day before, so I'd have to do it well ahead of time.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS