Puma air compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wronghand

New User
Chris
Just curious if you guys have any experience with puma compressors. I have been debating on an IR 20 gallon upright. I was looking it over and Northern Tool a few weeks ago and saw a very similar looking Puma unit with a much more attractive price. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Puma is like everybody else ,Chinese components and the lower the price point the more the foreign parts you will get. Get the IR,use IR brand synthetic oil to double the warranty, and never wear it out. Plus you can feel good knowing you kept me working another day.Most of our stuff that size is assembled in Kentucky.
Greg

Always remember,you get exactly what you pay for!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Did a lot of research on a air compressor for a new shop. Looked at IR (too high), P-C (lots of complaints), Harbor Fright (trouble getting parts), CH (bad luck with their products) etc. The best deal I could come up with was Puma. Northern backs up their stuff. The price was good. Puma has a good reputation.

Bill G.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Thanks Greg,

Guy, you wouldn't believe how many times I changed back and forth between brands, price, size. I am still designing the shop as part of a planned new home. I did come up with one good idea in my travels. As you know in NC fighting moisture in your air system is an on going affair. One of the books I fell over came off the compressor to a wall mounted system of 6 - 5 ft. pipes mounted to a drain assembly before shipping air out to the shop. I included it my design it couldn't hurt and it looked like it would cut out a lot of moisture.

Bill G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors