[Problem-Main Site] Thread start title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchwood

New User
Don
I must be doing something wrong because every time I post a thread, the title shows up un-bolded. All the rest are bold...check out my latest under General Woodworking called "Wood Donation".

Maybe it's because I'm viewing it and I'm the originator...so it only shows that way on my computer??:XXcompute

Don

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
A thread shows up "unbolded" if you have no unread posts in that thread. Since you started the thread, you've read the one and only message, so it won't show up bold. Your thread "Wood Donation" shows up bold to me (well, it did, until I read it).

Touchwood

New User
Don
A thread shows up "unbolded" if you have no unread posts in that thread. Since you started the thread, you've read the one and only message, so it won't show up bold. Your thread "Wood Donation" shows up bold to me (well, it did, until I read it).

So it goes "unbold" to the viewer after he sees it?? If he comes back to look at it again, what happens?? Seems I look at a lot of posts that stay bolded after I look at them.:BangHead:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don, I do believe that threads in bold contain one or more posts that occured after you last viewed it.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
A new post will re-bolden it. As Scott pointed out, someone can post a message to the thread while you're reading it, so it will be bold again even though you've just looked at it.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Don,

As Bas said the post will unbold after you view it as long as here are no new posts since you viewed. However, if you view a post and use the "back" button to return to the main forum the post may remain bold until you refresh the page.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS