Private messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Steve - I can't send private messages either. I don't know if that's still a problem for you. Did you find the reason, or would you like me to look into it?

Along those same lines, you already know I'm willing to help out with the update - I just did the same upgrade myself... TWICE! :oops: Let me know if there is anything you want me to do, and I'll knock it out.

Monty

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve - I can't send private messages either. I don't know if that's still a problem for you. Did you find the reason, or would you like me to look into it?

Along those same lines, you already know I'm willing to help out with the update - I just did the same upgrade myself... TWICE! :oops: Let me know if there is anything you want me to do, and I'll knock it out.

Monty
No, I can't send PMs. Feel free to take a look:eusa_pray:lol:

As far as the update is concerned, That really is done. What is taking time, is re-customizing everything. As far as templates are concerned, I reverted ALL standard templates and my goal is to not modify standard templates and to create the effects by using the new template hooks are by dynamically changing the template via code hooks after the template has been cached.

If you look at the plugins, you'll see how the tab menu was added to the header template and how the main menu was modified ( I turned that off after I got the tabs working.)

Also, the only stuff from vbulletin.org that I have put back in, is that which requires no template or code modes or the templates are being modded dynamically.

I've got to leave right now, but I'll have more on why and how when I get back.

Oh BTW, I am back in NC

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have recieved and sent PM as of Wednesday evening. I currently have 347 out of my allow 750 stored. I just sent a test PM to Monty to see if I was having any problem currently.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
OK - so far I have recieved a test PM from DaveO, and two from Steve. I still am not able to send any out, so I'll reply here.

Steve - obviously you figured out what the problem is... could you fix our accounts? By the way, what was the problem?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I guess us Mods will have to handle all the PM traffic for you guys.... so, when you want to send whoever a PM, you can send us an email to alert us of the need for the PM, which we will send, and then wait for the return email, so we could send you a PM response....:eusa_doh:

or, does the email thing work? and PM's don't?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
OK - so far I have recieved a test PM from DaveO, and two from Steve. I still am not able to send any out, so I'll reply here.

Steve - obviously you figured out what the problem is... could you fix our accounts? By the way, what was the problem?
No I didn't figure it out. I was able to get out a couple by delteting everything. Then It started again.

I put in "debug code" and actually got the print out of 3 > 1000. I'm at a loss. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Now, I have it working. I've decreased the number of PMs allowed for admins to 500. And now I can send again.

So what is the real problem, I'm not sure. So long as everyone can send PM, I'll leave it alone, until the rest of this stuff is done.

Everyone who was having problems, please test again and let me know the results.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I still am having no problems with the PM system. But I did notice that I've lost some storage capacity. I went from having 750 allowed down to 500. Not a problem, just an observation.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I still am having no problems with the PM system. But I did notice that I've lost some storage capacity. I went from having 750 allowed down to 500. Not a problem, just an observation.
What is the error message you are getting

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No error message, I just noticed that over in the right column, in User Settings that it now says that I have 352 of 500 messages allowed, it was 750 a day or two ago. Not a problem just an observation.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
No error message, I just noticed that over in the right column, in User Settings that it now says that I have 352 of 500 messages allowed, it was 750 a day or two ago. Not a problem just an observation.
Ok, That's what I set it too to hopefully make sure all of us can send PMs, it is part of the work around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS