Post Count Changes, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
No problems, just wanted you to know that if your post count changed again, it was purposeful. For the sake of consistancy, I have adjusted everyone's post count to be the current number of their posts currently in the system. This is what they will be from now on, or until I can find a better way of doing it.

This is in line with the results of my post count gremlin investigation;

So what I have done is to set each component to NOT try to work together. So posts will mean forum posts only. This is not ideal for our site, but it is the best we can do for now. It also means if you or the staff deletes one of your posts, your post count will go down, not what I wanted and I will look into that. But pictures, uploads, ads, and links will no longer count.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
At least you didn't adjust the post count to be the number of actual worthwhile posts in the system. My number didn't drop dramtically :laughing7

Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hey Steve,

No problem with the post counters... just don't let any of DaveO's elves help with the programming. :gar-Bi

Ray

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
...actual worthwhile posts in the system...
Hmmm, you make a good point Dave. If "worthwhile" means "contains actual useful information related to woodworking"...oh man, I won't even have DQ status! :)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
At least you didn't adjust the post count to be the number of actual worthwhile posts in the system. My number didn't drop dramtically :laughing7

Dave:)

Dave,

Contrary to my busting, most* of your posts are worthwile.

*note that I said most:rotflm:.

Jimmy:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Contrary to my busting, most* of your posts are worthwile.
*note that I said most:rotflm:.

Jimmy:)

AHA! I finally get it. Dave is simply using the volume method. If you post enough times, eventually you'll post something useful. Just like the whole monkey/ Shakespeare thing. :)

asg9@!#sdSDFsdmmsdpoetpp_#+this@$sjdf.../s==is/g@#aBMDNfk%%%subliminal)))
"Dgf''message--sdfkgm!@give44444kopswe03kas,.vASSSSme+2323allSSFfvj#$23
yourHJHJHKsdDtools!42400023v

sapwood

New User
Roger
Steve,
:thumbsup: Change is good. Especially when the results fix the problem.

asg9@!#sdSDFsdmmsdpoetpp_#+this@$sjdf.../s==is/g@#aBMDNfk%%%subliminal)))
"Dgf''message--sdfkgm!@give44444kopswe03kas,.vASSSSme+2323allSSFfvj#$23
yourHJHJHKsdDtools!42400023v

:gar-dn:

All your base are belong to us

Roger

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
DarkSide.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooo mighty fine shavings there, Mike!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

(And I thought I was doing great with my new cabinet scraper!!!:BangHead::BangHead:)

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hmmm, my subliminal messages aren't working very well. Nobody showed up today with a truck full of tools. I do appreciate the picture though. I actually have a very nice plane that looks like that, not that I use it, I just look at it and pretend I'm capable of making fine shavings like that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS