Possible Wood Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Mike,

AS we discussed by PM some time back, I'm sure that several of us in the Western NC Woodworkers Association would be interested in a wood buying trip up to Burnsville -- Another option might be to bring a large load to the Fall BBQ in October. Let me know when you might contemplate this and I will announce it at our next WNCWA meeting (September 13th).

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I need good wood, so I am interested. As always it is very dependent on family obligations, money availability and transportation situation.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey Mike,

I'd be interested in the figured maple. I'd also second McRabits suggestion to come on over to the WNCWA meeting (Sep 13th). There will be a bunch of woodworkers and I'm sure you could unload a good portion of your private stock.

Dan C.

Mike Callihan

New User
Mike
:gar-La; OK guys I like the response, now the ball is back in my court. It will take a while for me to get my act together. The bulk of the wood is in a out building down at the bottom of the mountain I am setting on so I will have to get it up to the shop and organized before I can post any pictures and set some dates. When that will be depends on this old man's ambition level but I am motivated to get this done while the weather is still good. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for responding.

Mike

Mike Callihan

New User
Mike
A couple of questions ask:
Mike,

I would be very interested in some Cherry and maple (price dependent because I live south of Raleigh). What are the common lengths?

The bulk of the lumber is 6-8 foot length. 3X3 leg stock sets 24 - 36", 3X3 and 4X4 turning stock 36". Plus a lot of miscellaneous "stuff".

I'd be interested in some hard maple. Any idea what kind of prices we're talking...ballpark?

Really too soon to say I haven't done my home work yet, I will have a better idea after it is organized and I know what I have. I have held some of this material for 15 plus years so my memory is foggy at best. When the sale is put together I will post pictures and some ball park pricing so you will be better equipped to make a decision as to whether it is worth traveling to.

My worst nightmare would be to have a bunch of you travel a long ways and be disappointed in what you find.

Mike

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I wouldn't worry about that Mike. A lot of this group is willing to drive 3+ hours just to see some garage shops :gar-La;

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
I'm definately interested, not to mention that "about half an hour North of downtown Asheville" is one of my favorite areas to hike...two birds w/ one stone.:icon_chee

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
My wife keeps buggin' me and adding projects...don't know how many times I hear "ya know what I need?") of course I need more cherry!

bluthart

New User
Brian
I'm interested - keep me posted on dates and prices. I need some good stuff. Do you plan on selling a lathe? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors