Poor Rudolph...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I turned my first antler pen tonight and, despite the smell, I like it. It is a very unique medium for turning, definitely a challenge, and produces a pretty cool pen.
Modified slimline, Whitetail Deer antler, CA finish -

Copy_of_Pens_180.jpg

Rudolph better look out when he lands at my house in a few days...it takes a lot of antler to get a straight enough section to make a pen out of :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:icon_thum Nice Dave:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Did you use all of the antler?

Nick, I still have quite a bit left. And my friend is going to bring me more once he returns from his Honeymoon.

Cathy, it smells like burning hair. Or that is the best that I can describe the smell :icon_puke :-D

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dave, that's a pen that will be dearly loved! Gotta appreciate the aromatic suffering you endured to produce such a nice pen. And the photo is nice :icon_thum

But please go directly to your camera and change the default setting to get rid of that danged date stamp :lol:

Roger

rhett

New User
rhett
Oh deer! Another nice pen. If your looking to expand your pens beyond wood, try finding a resin impregnator. A guy I knew in KY used to turn bee hives and sponges...just a thought. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS