poo ( gloat )

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Back when I was 20 , if you would have told me I would one day be proud of a load of horse poo I would have asked you what you had been smokin' :rotflm:

A few weeks ago I found a craigslist add for free compost right here in Youngsville :banana: Turned out to be a horse farm and they were getting rid of some of the waste from the stall mucking . Poo and wood shavings that had been "working" for a year or more and had been stirred on a regular basis . They had a small end loader and loaded if for free as well. Drove my truck through the woods to get it to the garden so I would not have to make a bizillion trips with a yard cart !

IMG_0569.jpg

I've been accused of shoveling it before ....here is the proof :rotflm:
IMG_02092.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Notice it looks less like poo and more like dirt :banana:It is going to work wonders in my clay soil in a year when my garden will be more important than ever !

Not only is it a kewl score , it is even kewl-er to have somewhere to brag about it where a lot of folks will actually understand that it is a kewl score :gar-La;

Can't wait to till this in !!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Pine Shavings

Speaking of such, does anybody know where I can get pine shavings? Prefer the free kind, but will consider others.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
HORSE CARBON!! THE BEST KIND!!

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

By the way, that's the same thing they grow commercial mushrooms on.
After a little steamin'! (The guys from PA know that!)

Last edited:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
It's going to take a lot of those little poo bags to get all of that up. :swoon: :rotflm: Nice score Robert. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I have been looking for several loads of the same thing for my garden also. I have the clay and groundhog shale that needs some nutrients. In my past I had a couple of loads of horse manure and straw cleaned out of a horse barn. I tilled it in some clay soil and planted tomatoes and put more straw around the plants. I never staked the plants so they just laid over after a while and everywhere the vine touch the ground they took root and kept going. I also put miracle grow on them and kept them watered. Some of the best tomatoes that I have ever raised and the longest plant ended up being around 60' from where I originally planted it. A couple of years later I planted strawberries for the ex-wife's grandchildren and they got as big as softballs and were delicious. So poo works well in the garden. Nice score Bro. Steve

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Hey Big Man! You like 'maters?:icon_scra If'n you want to grow some GOOD maters, put a handful of lime in every hole you plant a mater in. :icon_thum

Maters need LOTS of calcium to prevent bloom end rot. The commercial growers spray liquid calcium on their plants from the time they begin to bloom every two weeks through harvest.

I stake mine like the commercial guys do, and they work out well.

Good luck, Bro!
:wsmile:

Spring is near!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Robert, I was going to give you a "YOU ROCK" on your gloat, but it's impossible to rock in poo! This is a really "sticky" situation you've gotten yourself into. It's starting to cause the neighborhood to smell. I hate to see such a nice fella creating a "stink". To protect your reputation, I am prepared to store all future loads of that poo at my place. Just give me a call when you're ready to deliver the next "load"!!:gar-La;

Sorry, I too had to do it...

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
I don't think I've ever seen so many people willing to take "crap" from Robert!
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
This thread just begs for PUns!:gar-La;

Good score Robert!

BTW, JackLeg knows about mushrooms in PA. Here's what the compost piles look like at this time of year --- check the steaming poo...
steamingpoo.jpg

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
That's some great stuff, Robert... year before last one of the guys that work here at the Marina gpt his daughter a horse for christmas and when I was over to check out the I noticed his daughter was shoveling horse poo out of the pasture and puting it in plastic trash bags I asked him what he was going to do with it, he wasn't sure so told him when he comes to work bring the bags to me, I got 165 bags and put it on the clay backyard. Finally got some grass nest spring.Also got 9 bags for my doctor and she had the best flowers ever.

Jackleg. When we lived in Pa. we hayed with a guy and if it got rained on and wasn't any good for horses we took it by truck to the mushroom farm and I guess they mixed with horse and cow poo.
rita

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I don't think I've ever seen so many people willing to take "crap" from Robert!
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
This thread just begs for PUns!:gar-La; ]quote

I've never known Robert to take so much crap. :no::no:

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Man, you guys might be taking this picture thing too far - if I wanted to see giant stinking piles of poo, I could just read my work email. Note to self: never eat raw mushrooms on a salad bar again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS