PM Spam - Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Re: SPAM on NCWW Private Messages??

I just got the same message. Glad to see the moderators are attempting to address. Thanks!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Re: [Problem-Other] Unsolicited and Unwanted PM's

Ray,

We have received a couple of these reports from NCWW members. The moderators and administrators are now discussing a 'fix'.

Ray

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member

I just received a PM through NCWW from someone on Buddism. I don't know the person (Stephanie??) and there was no information available as to her location of affiliation with NCWW. I'm not interested in getting this and thought maybe orther might be getting it too so wanted to report it to the right place. Is there someplace to report/forward this or should I just delete it?

Thanks

I see the modereators are already on this one. Didn't realize same til after I posted my concern. I'll await the overall outcome. Sorry for adding to the traffic on this.:slap:

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member

Thanks for the note. And thanks for your good work on our behalf.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Re: SPAM on NCWW Private Messages??

Can you forward the spam PM to me. I would like to take a look at it.

Thanks,

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

I see the modereators are already on this one. Didn't realize same til after I posted my concern. I'll await the overall outcome. Sorry for adding to the traffic on this.:slap:

Ray,

No problem with posting a message. It's good to know how far this thing has gone. Spam received by a a member or two is a different story than wholesale onslaught. Thanks for your post.

Ray

smessick

New User
Stan Messick
Re: Buddhism?

Wait until the male-appendage-enhancement folks latch onto this, or, worse, the Republicans/Democrats.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff

I got the same message. Forwarded it to Steve so that he can try to fix. Has anyone noticed an increase in e-mail spam at home? I think one bunch of rats has figured out how to beat the spam filters!!!

Glennbear

Glenn

Stephy Spamsender got me this morning also, so far I have resisted the temptation to shave my head and put on a robe.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member

I use AT&T WorldNet ISP at home and the spam had been at a minimum w/their spam blocker. But the last few days I'm getting bombarded w/new spam...a lot of financial stuff and a ton of Oprah Green Tea diet solicitations.

I guess there is a recent graduating class of spammers out there that have figured out how to avoid the blocks.

lottathought

New User
Michael
Re: Buddhism?

They have decided I am not for them either...LOL:twitcy:

Good..I hate people rubbing my belly.:notworthy:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It appears several people got spammed via PM. The offender was not in anyway a real member. This person attempted register was placed in moderation and then deleted. However there is a window where they could have gotten off 5 messages. Sorry. We'll look at a way to tighten that up without chasing off potential members who are just having email issues.

smessick

New User
Stan Messick
Re: Spam

Not only am I extraordinarily curious to know more about the hijacked private messaging, I'm equally curious to know how this response titled itself "Re: Spam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS