Planning a tool cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
I'm looking for ideas on how to hang my squares on the door of a tool cabinet I'm designing. Anyone have any pictures or ideas?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Rob, are you talking about framing squares, try squares, combination squares, etc.? Yes, no, all the above? When you come up next weekend I'll loan you a couple of books I have on shop organization, design, etc. I've gotten a lot of ideas out of them.

Bill

M

McRabbet

Rob,

The latest issue of Woodcraft Magazine (april/May) has an article on a Wall Hanging Tool Cabinet and they also have a free Online Extra that shows several methods for placing tools lick those you mention inside the doors of the cabinet. Check out the downlaodable PDF File here. Hope this helps.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Thanks for posting it. I always like looking at others tool cabinets. But I think the way they hung the squares is a horrible waste of space. Here is how I hang mine:
69CG8952.JPG

View image in gallery

I know the picture only shows two but it is typically filled to the brim with squares and sliding bevels.

I also don't like putting hand saws in a case like they did. I am happy with this solution:
One thing I really like about their chest is the chisels are at the bottom. There is nothing underneath them to make you want to stick your hand there and get cut :).

Good luck and keep us posted!
Salem

Rob

New User
Rob
Bill, I'm still looking and am in the planning stage still. I am going to bring my camera this afternoon, and would really appreciate the loan of those books you mentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors