Picture frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
We had a couple of pictures that my wife hated the frames. We found some left over hardwood baseboard from an old job that her company had done. I cute down the baseboard, planed, and the used a few router bits to make a profile. And this is the result.
img_0357s.jpg

View image in gallery

sawduster

New User
Robert
Man that is nice !! :eusa_clap

That is something I want to learn very badly

....actually I can already do it badly , I want to learn to do it right :mrgreen:

Good job ! :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

That is a really fine looking frame!

What did you do for joinery to get such nice tight 45's?

Need to make one for a daughter of mine and after seeing this, you have given me some inspiration!

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
Well I am not sure of the type of wood it was, but peachtree a few months back had their Freud 3 Piece Picture Frame /Molding Set on sale for about half off. After playing around on some scrap wood I found a patter I liked. The Cove & Bead Groove Bit for the in side lip and the Face Molding Bit #1 on the outside. Just played with the spacing. Then cut the miters glued clamped and used the Pushmaster that I had picked up I think at rockler when it was on clearance. Used it to put 3 v nails in each corner. Once dried I add a rosewood stain and then finished with poly. Put on one solid coat and liked the finish as is. I was planning on more coats, but I liked the look after one coat. Figured it is a frame and there should be much wear and tear on it so one coat I hope will be enough.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well I am not sure of the type of wood it was, but peachtree a few months back had their Freud 3 Piece Picture Frame /Molding Set on sale for about half off. After playing around on some scrap wood I found a patter I liked. The Cove & Bead Groove Bit for the in side lip and the Face Molding Bit #1 on the outside. Just played with the spacing. Then cut the miters glued clamped and used the Pushmaster that I had picked up I think at rockler when it was on clearance. Used it to put 3 v nails in each corner. Once dried I add a rosewood stain and then finished with poly. Put on one solid coat and liked the finish as is. I was planning on more coats, but I liked the look after one coat. Figured it is a frame and there should be much wear and tear on it so one coat I hope will be enough.

Thanks for the details, E!!

Looked around for that Pushmaster at several sites and it is either unavailable/discontinued or way too expensive for me! ($60 - $80) I wonder how it would handle hardwoods like oak or maple, too?

Again. You did a really nice job on that frame!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS