Picked up a few logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Picked up 5 grade 1 logs and 2 grade 2's today - whoever guesses what they are gets first dibs on the lumber from the logs if they want any.

hint: there are only two species. 6 logs of one species and one log of another :-D

Thanks

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Jeff,

It sure would be nice if you had a website where you could show off that lovely lumber, that tantalizing timber, your wonderful wood, beautiful boards, sultry slabs and the pleasing pulchritude of the planks.

With imaginative internet imagery, we could appreciate the hearty hue of the heartwood, the sizzle of the sultry slices showing sapwood (no, not Roger), the ambience of the ambrosia, the special spalting in select species, the gratifying grandeur of great grain, the priceless perfection of pattern, and the brazen boldness of those bark wrapped gifts from nature.

Maybe, in the years to come, with advances in technology, we could experience the olfactory orgy of that odiferous opportunity to savor the fragrance of fresh fillet of phleom.

For those of you who recognized the repeating consonants as alliteration, thank your 9th grade English teacher. And your parents, who made you pay attention. And yourself.

J

jeff...

Jeff,

It sure would be nice if you had a website where you could show off that lovely lumber, that tantalizing timber, your wonderful wood, beautiful boards, sultry slabs and the pleasing pulchritude of the planks.

With imaginative internet imagery, we could appreciate the hearty hue of the heartwood, the sizzle of the sultry slices showing sapwood (no, not Roger), the ambience of the ambrosia, the special spalting in select species, the gratifying grandeur of great grain, the priceless perfection of pattern, and the brazen boldness of those bark wrapped gifts from nature.

Maybe, in the years to come, with advances in technology, we could experience the olfactory orgy of that odiferous opportunity to savor the fragrance of fresh fillet of phleom.

For those of you who recognized the repeating consonants as alliteration, thank your 9th grade English teacher. And your parents, who made you pay attention. And yourself.

Jim are you OK? do we need to talk? :lol:

J

jeff...

Well Jack spoiled all the fun, only because I played phone tag with him today and told him what was waiting for him to pickup for himself.

Jack you best get out there before next Saturday, cause after the lumber run in Raleigh I'm picking up more. I might even nab your grade 1 pine butts, if your not on the ball. When you do go out there, ask to see the mammoth pine still on the stump at the back of the woods, that thing has got to have a lot of heart wood in it. Pops asked me if I wanted it and I said no, something that old and still living needs to stay where it's at.

The odd shaped hackberry log, is snow white and dressed up a 16" x 16" x 10' long cant (213 BF), plus about 70 feet of 4/4 slabs. It should be great turning material for a couple of lathe addicts. If your interested let me know.

Cathy guessed right with Sycamore, she gets first dibs on the primo 4/4 boards - bet she'll want strong QS ray flake from the two ambrosia logs - what you think?

Pic shows the species and log grades, Grade #1 is a clear straight log with no visible knots or defect on all 4 quarter faces, grade #2 has one face quarter with a visible defect.

I just noticed those 10'000 LBS ratchet straps look like rubber bands on those logs, I might want to get some bigger ones.

QS Sycamore is a really neat wood, I hope to saw it in the next few weeks.

Thanks

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jeff
I would be interested in a couple of the hackberry blanks for turning:eusa_pray If you could 10 x 10 x 6-8 and or 12 x 12 6-8 and or 14x 14 x 8-10 Would work for me. Also sending PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors