Pens from Klingspor's Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Here are the pens I entered in the Klingspor's showcase.

The first one is actually the 4th pen I ever made. It is a Thuya burl cigar pen.

IMG_9198_Large_.jpg

This one was awarded first place and best in show for the youth category.

The next pen is one I made for the show. It is a classic American pen made of mahogany from Rocker with maple and ebony bands. This is my first try at a segmented pen

IMG_9202_Large_.jpg

This pen was awarded second place.

The last pen is my favorite. It is a european screw cap fountain pen made of ebony.

IMG_9212_Large_.jpg

IMG_9214_Large_.jpg

The CA finish almost makes it look like acrylic. This pen did not place in the show.
:gar-Cr

alex

T

toolferone

Way to go Alex!. It feels good doesn't it? NIce looking pens!!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Your pen's ROCK Alex!!!!:eusa_danc:thumbs_up:eusa_danc:thumbs_up:eusa_danc:thumbs_up

Sure looks like the lathe and you are getting along extremely well! No what? Bet you could make good $$$$'s at this turning thingy!

Congratulations on the show winning!!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Thanks for sharing the pics

Wayne

GeorgeL

New User
George
Your pen's ROCK Alex!!!!:eusa_danc:thumbs_up:eusa_danc:thumbs_up:eusa_danc:thumbs_up

Sure looks like the lathe and you are getting along extremely well! No what? Bet you could make good $$$$'s at this turning thingy!

Congratulations on the show winning!!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Thanks for sharing the pics

Wayne

Wayne,

That is actually Alex's intent. He wants to sell his pens to raise money for college. So far he has only sold a few to family and friends but he hopes to expand to area businesses etc.

George

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Congratulations Alex.
I had the pleasure of visiting Alex & his father George last month. Great shop setup and Alex is already an experienced woodturner and putting the shop to good use.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Congrats on your awards! Those pens are eye catchers! Good luck on getting college money.

Don't let WGD get to you, let your dad buy all the tools while ya can ;-)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
After seeing Alex's work I am ready to give away my lathe. You did a great job.

CONGRATS............

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Alex,

That is simply awesome work and you should be totally proud even if it weren't for the awards this weekend. Makes me want to meander over to the Dark Side.

toolman

New User
Chad
Great looking pens Alex!!

[MOUSE]YOU ARE ROCK'N THE HOUSE! :eusa_danc[/MOUSE]

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congratulations, Alex:icon_thum You ROCK!

Those are beautiful pens. The quality of your work makes this old man ashamed to even show my pens:crybaby2::notworthy:

Keep on turnin':yes:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Great looking pens Alex. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You should be very proud....I know your dad is. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS