PC Dovetail Jig 'clearance' GSO Lowes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
Ok, I got a quick burst of happiness when I noticed the yellow clearance tag hanging off the PC dovetail jig at the Lowes (south GSO). Some major markdown, since they took the time to order/print/attach a new tag lowering the price from $119.00 to $118.78 (yes, half the price of a stamp)

:BangHead:

Thanks for the price break - they'll fly off the shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
They must not think we're very smart. That's almost, no it is, about the most ridiculous markdown 'sale' I've seen in a while. Wonder if it was worth it? Guess if there are folks that will buy because it's got a different color tag it was. :icon_scra

Outa Square

New User
Al
There are two lowes in Hickory, and the one on 127 has the better clearances. I pickup a No 4 stanely plane for 15 bucks the otherweek at the one on 127 and the same plane was on clearance at the Hwy 70 location for $1 less than the origional price of $40. I guess it is the tale of two lowes.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
I was in Lowes in Roxboro tonight and noticed they had "Clearance" marked the Skil digital protractor from $59.97 all the way down to $59.95. Yellow Clearance tag and all. It is times like this that I wish I had a camera phone.

The bad part of this story is that three weeks ago I bought one of these very protractors from Lowes in Roxboro (The same store) for $23.00 and change. I cannot understand their policies.:dontknow:

James

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Well, it's pretty simple really, they are using an old sales gimmick that got folks into a lot of trouble and lead partially to the truth in advertising laws as I understand it, but they used to raise the price and put the stuff on sale for the regular price, or slightly different. If this is what they're up to it won't be long before a lot of the public notices and stops shopping sales there. This economy sure leads to price checking, so I don't see the logic for doing this. Wonder if they're trying to get out of the wood business? (at least for woodworkers that do use them). :dontknow::eusa_thin:slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS