Packing Up Shop

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
So next week the moving trucks are showing up. I have been packing up the shop but it is difficult. After years stuff expands and fills every nook and cranny! I Have filled about 20 boxes, I took down my duct work, but still have to:

Dismantle the Cyclone DC
Dismantle my workbench
Dismantle my back bench
Dismantle the Table saw router table extension
Take down my clamp racks
Take down air filter

I am sure there will be more, but it seems to go on forever.

Everything will go into storage until we find a house, close on it, and move in.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know your "pain". Best wishes for a damage free relocation.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Doug, I wish you well. It was great when you were on the original board, but even better in having you as a friend. Wishing you and the family all the best.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Doug - Good luck with the move and the packing. I know the feeling after packing up my shop almost 3 years ago and moving it from CA to NC and then putting it in storage. Had to build a shop after we moved and now back in the shop and building things. The waiting to get it out of storage and always wanting to “just grab something” that ends up being at the back of the storage unit is frustrating, but great when it all comes out.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Best of luck to you, Doug. I look forward to your updates as you get into a new house and then start getting your shop set up. First new thing you need to buy is a 5 hp snow blower. Winters coming. :eek:

Ralrick

New User
Rick
So next week the moving trucks are showing up. I have been packing up the shop but it is difficult. After years stuff expands and fills every nook and cranny! I Have filled about 20 boxes, I took down my duct work, but still have to:

Dismantle the Cyclone DC
Dismantle my workbench
Dismantle my back bench
Dismantle the Table saw router table extension
Take down my clamp racks
Take down air filter

I am sure there will be more, but it seems to go on forever.

Everything will go into storage until we find a house, close on it, and move in.
Good luck on the move Doug! Let me know if you need any help with moving or taking down any of the heavier/awkward stuff - happy to help if you need it!
Rick

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Doug, I am so happy for you and your family...your new job fits you experience and training, I am sure you will be very successful. That said, the RDU area woodworker will miss your presence - I already miss seeing you during my frequent stops at Klingspor! If you need help with anything, just reach out.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Doug, I wish you and your family all the best! I hope the move goes without incident and you're able to find a place with a shop of sufficient size to satisfy your needs. As always, if you ever need anything down here on this end, please don't hesitate to ask! It was great to get to know you and I hope we can continue to hear updates on the site. Good luck my friend!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Hope the move enriches you life...... hope you don't get too cold, All the Best !

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wishing you luck and that you find a home you can continue to grow your life to many successes. You will be missed down here, so don’t be a stranger on the site.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey buddy. It was truly my pleasure. Thanks for all you have done for NCWW and its members. You now have NCWW in your blood. We will leave a light on. And who knows we might just plan a northern shop crawl someday. Godspeed.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Best of luck in your new adventure. You will be missed. Let me know if you need help

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
Best of luck on your move.
I found that enterprise rents trucks with lift gates if you need one.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS