Out with the old in with the .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
So Micheal Garner purchased our Cermanic stop range right out of our Kitchen. Man that left a big hole in our island.
But hey that's ok doesn't everyone have a spare one just sitting in their wood shop;-). LOLOLOL.
Well I kind of got a good deal on it. The LOML said that she really wanted it in the house, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with the one that was in the house.
Guess who won!!
But when Micheal and I stalled it we had to remove the cabinet that was on the end, due to the new one being just a bit wider.
So off to the shop I go.
and this is what I came up with.
where did the cabinet go...

that's better don't you think??

Well the Wife is happy, I believe Michael's wife is happy. So Fellows you all Know the if THEY ARE HAPPY WE ARE HAPPY

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mac, that looks outstanding..I think. I am a little confused. Are the first two pictures what you had and the last two are the new cabinet? The last two pics look quite different from each other.
I've been spraying paint today, so it might just be me :drunken_s:drunken_s

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That looks great! Very professional job. Clean and tight joints, good clean wood, couldn't ask for better.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice job on the new cabinet Mac. :icon_thum Does the new range have any type of venting for it? If so, where does it exhaust to?

D L

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks like an outstanding job!:icon_thum Those shelves ought to come in real handy. Makes a great place to put the cookbooks!

T

toolferone

Mac, that looks outstanding..I think. I am a little confused. Are the first two pictures what you had and the last two are the new cabinet? The last two pics look quite different from each other.
I've been spraying paint today, so it might just be me :drunken_s:drunken_s
d
Dave:)

Yup, it's the paint Dave :lol:. They look the same to me. And very nice they look too! Nice work.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Thanks all for the compliments.
DL the answer is nope. Since I have had this house going on 7-8 years now. There was nowhere really to put a vent. I have crunched my brain trying to figure a way to put one up.
Ceilings are high and the island is rith in the middle of the kitchen.
So I could get ahold of a downdraft addition then run the venting under the floor and out the crawl space. or some kind of big monstrousity mounted over top.
1. down draft system having found one yet, that wasn't priced really high.
2. over the range style, mmmm, still thinking on it.

Anyone got any suggestions, I got my listening ears on.

Oh BTW we really haven't had that big of a need for one, but you know MR. Murphy is always floating around :drunken_s

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
**** Mac!! you work fast bro! Yup the wife is way happy, I was gong to install it this weekend, but she said no lets wait for new countertops, then she asked to redo the doors, and paint, ohh and to lay the tile. But hey I was able to clean up the yard and cut the grass (didnt cost anthing to do that) I appreciate it again bro for the oven!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Thanks all for the compliments.
DL the answer is nope. Since I have had this house going on 7-8 years now. There was nowhere really to put a vent. I have crunched my brain trying to figure a way to put one up.
Ceilings are high and the island is rith in the middle of the kitchen.
So I could get ahold of a downdraft addition then run the venting under the floor and out the crawl space. or some kind of big monstrousity mounted over top.
1. down draft system having found one yet, that wasn't priced really high.
2. over the range style, mmmm, still thinking on it.

Anyone got any suggestions, I got my listening ears on.

Oh BTW we really haven't had that big of a need for one, but you know MR. Murphy is always floating around :drunken_s

When I [um we? ] did our kitchen I built a cabinet that hangs from the ceiling over the island. I put doors on both sides for easy access. you could do same and make one pair of doors on opposing sides fixed and run the vent through the attic. or build a shadow box around the vent pipe for looks when the doors get opened. not sure if i got pics of that in my gallery or not but you sure are welcome to look.
fred p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS