OMG, I Painted Cypress!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
But it was for a good cause. I got some cypress from Rick DiNardo this week and I put paint on it!
All was not in vain though. The cypress turned into four window boxes for my storage building and my little shop. Then they turned into Christmas planters:wink_smil. This is the start of our outside decorations for Christmas.

The security warning stickers show up too much in the photos, so we will have to rearrange the greenery to hide them. This is just the start of the outside stuff.

Thanks for looking, the photos do not do it justice though.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
20 self-inflicted lashes..promptly!!

They look great, way to dress up the [STRIKE]shed[/STRIKE] shop for the Holidays. I don't recall the shutters, do you just do them also???

Dave:)

TracyP

Tracy
20 self-inflicted lashes..promptly!!

They look great, way to dress up the [strike]shed[/strike] shop for the Holidays. I don't recall the shutters, do you just do them also???

They have always been there, just in hiding maybe:rotflm:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
PAINTED??? OMG! :no::nah::eek::eek::eek:

I'll overlook it this time, BUT, no more!!!

:rotflm:

Good looking stuff!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Like my Mom used to say up North."Cute as a Button".:wsmile::wsmile:

The front of your shop really looks really inviting. Those shutters and trim really look super.

Well done!!! (And I am sure they will withstand the test of time!)

Wayne

TracyP

Tracy
PAINTED??? OMG! :no::nah::eek::eek::eek:

I'll overlook it this time, BUT, no more!!!

:rotflm:

Good looking stuff!

Thank you for overlooking the paint sir. Also thank you for overlooking the fact that I got the cypress from another supplier:embaresse:embaresse. It was s4s and I had to get it done quick.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No, Dave, it'll never die...cause WE WON"T LET IT!!!!!:gar-Bi:eusa_doh::argue::XXcompute

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: My luck for falling into a 5 gallon bucket of Peach paint while investigating a cat pee drip. I guess I couldn't expect a different outcome :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:
:rolf::rotflm::rolf::rotflm:

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
The last (and only) ones I made were "constructed" out of pine shelving board. They almost lasted through the summer... That cypress will be around for years!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Paint is not all that bad ... at least on Cypress. Now, put that paint on some curly cherry or quilted maple ... and I'd have to slap you!

Nice looking work there!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Ketchup on a steak, paint on cypress, what's next? Cutting turkey on the band saw? :rolf:

Great looking window boxes Tracy, smart move, paint + durable wood. Should last until you get a new shop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS