Odd Rocker Shoot (PICS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
As many know, Mike (Shamrock), Jeff (cyclopentadiene) and myself (WoodWrangler) took a class around this time last year with John (woodguy1975) on building a Maloof-style rocker. The rockers have all been done a while now, so we reunited and took them to the park for some pictures. It was a good time ... a bit muggy out, but a neat experience. Here are some pictures from todays events.

Grazing in the pastures we saw a small herd of rockers ...
P1010803_Custom_.JPG

A family of rockers enjoying a picnic
P1010795_Custom_.JPG

A long line of rockers at the stink stand
P1010794_Custom_.JPG

A wait for water where rockers refresh
P1010789_Custom_.JPG

Playing ring-around-the-rocker
P1010787_Custom_.JPG

Taking a break at the lake
P1010739_Custom_.JPG

And a few more fun ones

P1010763_Custom_.JPG

P1010756_Custom_.JPG

P1010752_Custom_.JPG

Want to see more? I uploaded everything from my camera here:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1709

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Really cool story you put together!! And some beautiful rockers. I bet y'all got some strange looks from the park goers today.:roll::roll:

Shamrock

New User
Michael
:rotflm:What a story-I knew my rocker must've escaped today because it came back with a tan!

Good times

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Jeremy,

I like the picture of the three rockers in front of the lake, except that the one on the left is not lined up with the other two. I would find someone with a large, covered front porch that accepts plenty of late afternoon sunlight (faces West/Southwest). Remove any other furniture that would be visible in the shot. Line them up similar to the way you had them in front of the lake and shoot away.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Ok, I knew you were a little bit off your rocker...the rocker photo shoot is proof positive! :rotflm: :rotflm:

BTW the rockers ROCK!! :gar-Bi

Chuck

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I really think you folks need to schedule a quick jump across the big pond and photo the three crossing Abbey Road.

timf67

New User
Tim
Any thoughts of offering the class again for us newbies to get in on ???

Those are great rockers, and I would love to learn how to make 'em.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
:rolleyes5cz:

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

You should have brought a wig...punk rocker :)

woodguy1975

New User
John
This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These guys are officially the only class that everyone completed their chairs so far. That is quite the accomplishment. :D

woodguy1975

New User
John

We actually have a class going on right now. (This weekend is Class 2 of 3) It is happening remotely in Davidson. I will probably run another class at some point in the charlotte area. All we need are 4 guys committed to doing it and one shop. :) Please feel free to contact Coleman at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop. The host of the class gets a tuition break.

Thanks,

John
JSR Woodworking

woodguy1975

New User
John
You know there is one chair missing from that scene. :) I still have my own from that class in parts. :( Such a sad thing to see a rocker in peices. Fortunately the current project I've been finishing is almost ready for waxing so the rocker is next on my list for completion. :)

You are officially the first class to finish before the instructor too! :eusa_clap

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
You are officially the first class to finish before the instructor too! :eusa_clap

:rotflm:

I think you had a few other MAJOR life changes going on around this time ... :icon_thum:icon_thum

Trust me ... if I could afford it, I'd take the class again just for the dedicated shop time!:eusa_danc

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

What Woodguy said ... this is more than I could say in a session or two, but he offers a six-class course where you'll get most of the way there. Worth every penny:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS