**OBSOLETE** How to post pictures - Updated, delux and fat free

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Since there has been several revisions to the Photo Gallery software since this site has started, most of the How To's for pic posting are obsolete. I am going to try my attempt at explaining it...the updated version.

This tutorial is assuming that you have basic computer skills (you wouldn't be here if not :nah:) and that you have already uploaded you pictures to your Photo Gallery. This system also works similar if you use other photo hosting sites like Photobucket, etc.

Pictures cannot be posted on this site unless they are hosted by either NCWW or another photo hosting site. Attachments directly from your hard-drive are no long permitted.

To start open the site in two windows or tabs. That will allow you to toggle between your images in the Photo Gallery and the post that you are trying to make, and not lose either. I have a screen shot as an example. Both windows/tabs don't need to be open at the same time -

Pic_postin_3.JPG

Once you have that going on the next step is to click on the picture you want to post (in one of the windows). That will enlarge the pic and if you scroll down below it you will find either a listing of URL links, or IMG codes with the URL already embedded.
Another screen shot to illustrate -

Pic_postin_2.JPG

If your screen looks like this, with the BBCode Links. This is the simplest way to post a picture. Just copy the link provided (Best Size is best, unless you have a lot of pics to post). Then toggle back to the post you are making and paste the link directly into the post text box.

The links provided can be changed by clicking on "Switch Link Type" in the brown button menu above the links list.

If your preferences are set so you are provided with this list of links, Direct Links -

Pic_postin_1.JPG

You still want to copy the Best Size link, but this time when you return to your post you will want to click on the Insert Image button (looks like a yellow square with a moon and mountains) in the tool bar above the reply text box. Once you've clicked on that it will open up another text box where you can paste the link into.

Another way and what I still use is to open the picture desired. Right click on it, and then select Properties. Copy the link provided in the properties listing, without the http:/, and then paste that information into the text box provided after you click on the Insert Image button.

Using the above methods other than my personal backwoods way will also allow you to insert Thumbnails (if your post is going to be picture intensive). Or a Large Picture, if you're just really dang proud of what you are showing. Keep in mind that the Best Size image can be clicked on to enlarge it to the Large Size...so I see no reason to use it unless you want to aggravate folks on dial-up :evil:

The end results of this process (using the Best Size link) should look like this -

truck.JPG

Another option that is provided at the bottom of either listing of Code or Links is the Linked Thumbnail. This will allow you to insert a thumbnail that can be clicked on to open the picture full sized. This is a preferred method over regular thumbnails as it is easy for the viewer to see your pictures full sized, but avoid making a slow loading picture intensive post. For the Linked Thumbnail you just copy the link provided at the bottom and the toggle back to the post you're making and paste the link directly into the post. Similar to the way pictures are inserted using the BBCode Link method. And the results should look like this -

I hope that this helps. Because as we always say, without pictures it didn't happen. So don't just cry Wolf, and show us your pictures.
Respectfully submitted,

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors