No ncwoodworker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm sorry guys, but there is just not enough interest (money) to justify going ahead with ncwoodworker.com. As I said we need a commitment of of at least $300/month for advertising to actually have a chance to get going. So for now the issue is dead:crybaby2: Perhaps when we have more members, we'll have better chance to try again.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Steve,

I would consider hosting on my website if people are interested. It would be a dedicated gallery that is very easily managed. I could give you admin rights to change and or modify if you like. The cost is right..pretty much nothing ($60/year) Just a thought.

Kyle

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I think it is the advertising costs that Steve is concerned about, not so much hosting costs???

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve,

I would consider hosting on my website if people are interested. It would be a dedicated gallery that is very easily managed. I could give you admin rights to change and or modify if you like. The cost is right..pretty much nothing ($60/year) Just a thought.

Kyle
Kyle there are no hosting costs, it's the same server that this site and several other are hosted on. The problem has always bee the cost of advertising which is necessary to give a chance of success for the type venture this would be. If in 800+ members, we can't find enough people that are interested to raise the starting advertising cost, then it really is not worth my time to put it up and maintain it.

BTW, I don't know what you pay for your site but look at this

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Steve

Can we move the charlotte woodworker's website to this hosting server?

Charlotte Woodworkers

I'm going to be the Vice President so I can get all the particulars and we have some good internet savy members maybe we can stop paying the monthly bill to have it hosted. We can certainly link to the ncwoodworker.net site.

Thanks

Phil

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
thats a generous offer Steve. A friend of mine hosts my web space along with several other sites on his dedicated blade off the backbone. I just help with the actual cost of hosting..

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve

Charlotte Woodworkers

I'm going to be the Vice President so I can get all the particulars and we have some good internet savy members maybe we can stop paying the monthly bill to have it hosted. We can certainly link to the ncwoodworker.net site.

Thanks

Phil
Ask how much disk space it is using currently. the answer is probably yes:eusa_danc

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Steve

Charlotte Woodworkers

Thanks

Phil

Hey Phil,

If it doesn't work out with Steve, just let me know and you can host it in my space for free. We can work out the details on the move.

Jeremy

jmauldin

New User
Jim
What about membership dues? Other sites charge dues, and I would certainly be willing to pay a reasonable fee to keep the site up and going.
Jim in Mayberry
ps Professional Refinishers Guild, of which I am a member, charges $100 per year.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve

Charlotte Woodworkers

Thanks

Phil
YES:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors