nice cross cut sled plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/shop/archive/2009/08/12/improved-crosscut-sled.aspx

I built this over the weekend and its probably the most usefull jig I could have made for my TS. I was using an incra miter gauge but switch angles on it and getting back to 90 deg cuts is a pain. I like how they spaced the runners and their technique for getting the fence square. I left off the plexiglass top tho so I can incorporate a tenon jig.

For squaring I tried to get to at least .001 accuracy using the 5 cut method but gave up and will live with +- .007ish. :eusa_danc It was dang near impossible tuning it to that point, I'd get a piece of dust or splinter at some point in the 5 cuts that would throw it off so I gave up.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That is a nice looking sled, Steve!:eusa_danc

My Xcut sled is my go-to jig for the TS. My biggest frustration has been able to crosscut long lengths (ie more that 24-36"). I didn't anticipate its usefulness when it came to repetitive cross cuts in longer stock!:BangHead::BangHead:

You will really like this sled when crosscutting larger panels!

Wayne

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
http://americanwoodworker.com/blogs/shop/archive/2009/08/12/improved-crosscut-sled.aspx

I built this over the weekend and its probably the most usefull jig I could have made for my TS. I was using an incra miter gauge but switch angles on it and getting back to 90 deg cuts is a pain. I like how they spaced the runners and their technique for getting the fence square. I left off the plexiglass top tho so I can incorporate a tenon jig.

For squaring I tried to get to at least .001 accuracy using the 5 cut method but gave up and will live with +- .007ish. :eusa_danc It was dang near impossible tuning it to that point, I'd get a piece of dust or splinter at some point in the 5 cuts that would throw it off so I gave up.

:worthless: :eusa_danc

eyekode

New User
Salem
Looks like a nice design. I like that you can re-cut the back fence. But I don't really believe the hype that the runners will stay in good shape just because they only touch on one side. Wood still moves. I am fairly happy with UHMW PE for runner material though.

Oh yeah... but where are the pictures?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS