Newbie from Jacksonville, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy1990

New User
Matt
Hello to all my new woodworking friends. My name is Matt Franklin and I'm from Jacksonville, NC. As of today, I have about 2 months left until I retire from the Navy after 20 years. I started woodworking about 5 years ago with a scrollsaw and some wood scraps. I'm very interested in turning and in making furniture for our home. I will definitely be looking around this site for any and all tips that will help me.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Matt. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thank you for your service for our country. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement, or should I say, upcoming career change from working to woodworking. :gar-La;

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the NCWW pile-o-sawdust. There are some scrollers in the group and I'm sure there's loads of patterns, tips, project photos, etc., that you can trade with them. Lots of furniture makers in here as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy the time you spend on line here. One thing we all encourage each other to do, is post photos of our projects... we do love our photos.

Again, welcome. And thank you for all you have done in service for our country.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Welcome to the site Matt. Lots of good info here. And thanks for your service and congrats on the upcoming retirement.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Matt and welcome to the site. I'd also like to say thanks for your service and congrats on your retirement. Good luck.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Matt, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to our virtual sawdust pile, Matt! Glad you found us and I'm sure you look forward to that upcoming retirement! We all join in thanking you and your fellow tars for your service to our Nation on the seven seas. We look forward to your participation and your pictures -- we love pictures, so start uploading to you Photo Gallery as soon as you can!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt!

(that almost sounds like something you wipe your feet on) Hope not! :rotflm:

I will add my thanks for your service, we wouldn't be here without guys like you.

Hope you get settled in to your new life without too much trouble and let us see some pics of your work as soon as you have time.

navy1990

New User
Matt
Thanks for all the welcomes. I can't wait to take full advantage of this site to help me improve my skills when it comes to making splinters, chips, and dust.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Let me be the first here to say "SHORT!!!" You're a 2 digit midget. Soon you'll be a one digit midget and be able to sit on a piece of paper and dangle your legs. :rotflm: Congratulations! I bet you're excited to be finishing up.

Welcome to the woodpile!

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Matt,

Welcome. I'm not too far away from you in Morehead City. You're welcome to come by for a visit if you're over this way. Just PM me to be sure that I'll be around. Good name, BTW.

Matt

macdaddy

New User
Steve
Finally someone else from down on the coast and even Onslow County. I am from Richlands. Welcome to the group and I hope to hear more from you.

sapwood

New User
Roger
More welcome, Matt!
Congrats on the upcoming retirement and we look forward to seeing you on the forum :icon_thum

Roger

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Welcome! Thanks for your service and congrats on your upcoming retirement! Glad to have you with us.

Travis

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Welcome Matt, first let me thank you for the service that you have given to this great country to keep it and us safe:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum 2nd let mw welcome you to the site - glad to have you:eusa_danc

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Matt, I forgot to mention that there is a woodtuning club (Wilmington Area Woodturners Association) that meets in Leland on the second Saturday of the month. If you area interested or want more info PM me.

Dolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS