New Pens, PSI Majestic

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Hi I got my new pen kits from PSI and made a few of the Majestic pens this past weekend. These are really nice kits :icon_thum

This first one is a Majestic in black titanium and platinum in a black onyx acrylic

Pens_005_Large_.jpg

That is a Swarovski crystal in the clip :cool:

Pens_006_Large_.jpg

Pens_008_Large_.jpg

This next one is also a Majestic but this time the finish is 22k gold and platinum. This pen is made of feathered oak with a CA finish

Pens_009_Large_.jpg

Pens_012_Large_.jpg

The figure in this feathered oak is amazing!

Pens_010_Large_.jpg

This last pen is a Majestic Jr also in 22k gold and platinum. The Jr has a post able cap. I made this one from blue lapis Tru Stone. Tru stone is very hard and polishes like stone.

Pens_013_Large_.jpg

Pens_015_Large_.jpg

The full size majestic is a BIG pen! It uses a 37/64th drill bit for the upper barrel. The Majestic Jr. is larger and much heavier than a Baron/Navigator.

Pens_017_Large_.jpg

alex
Pens for College

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
That feathered oak IS amazing! Nice job. It looks like a sun burst. How was the Tru Stone to turn? Did the gouges have to be sharpened more (or less)?

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
That feathered oak IS amazing! Nice job. It looks like a sun burst. How was the Tru Stone to turn? Did the gouges have to be sharpened more (or less)?

Tru stone is VERY hard. We had to sharpen the tools every few minutes to keep a smooth cut. It polishes nice but not as shiny as acrylic it took a lot longer to turn than wood or acrylic alex

woodArtz

New User
Bob
HEY! You're supposed to be in school!!!:realmad:

Dad

Ah ha Alex, you've been caught. You're too young to start ditching classes... I mean... you should never ditch classes. :rotflm:

George, I would take away his gouges for a week!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

Dad
Yeah, Dad, but aren't YOU supposed to be at work?:rotflm:
Great looking pens. I gotta try some of those trim kits on the wood I got yesteray at Mann Tools.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
They are all beautiful, Alex, but I think the feathered oad is my favorite.
You do nice work, young man.

Badabing

New User
Joe
Awesome work Alex! I'm truly amazed by your talent every time you post. You're getting better and better too :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Thanks for including those great pictures too. It really helps to see the two pens side by side like that. I have been wanting to make some larger pens and the Majestics from PSI caught my eye. I'll have to order some kits now:icon_thum

MikeF

New User
Mike
Alex, the pens look really great. :icon_thum Pen turning has never been something that appealed to me, but you have inspired me to give it a shot.

Thanks, now I've got more stuff I'm going to have to buy. :eusa_doh:(At least I have the lathe)

Great job.

-mike

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Alex, the pens look really great. :icon_thum Pen turning has never been something that appealed to me, but you have inspired me to give it a shot.

Thanks, now I've got more stuff I'm going to have to buy. :eusa_doh:(At least I have the lathe)

Great job.

-mike

I have a better idea, you could just buy the pens from me :eusa_danc alex

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Alex I saw those over at penturners.org. They are beautiful pens. How do you like the majestic. I am thinking about turning one, it looks like it is huge, I have a Majestic Jr. so that thing has to be gigantic. Is it much heavier than the Jr. Keep up the great work. You make me want to keep turning them and the photos kill me I can't get that good of a shot yet. :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Dad

I AM in school! Computer class remember :eusa_danc alex

Now that is one of the funniest things that have came across this site in a long while.
Alex, your pens are outstanding. The quality of your work rivals many of the much older "experts".
I have always thought that kit had too much "bling" for me. But the way you've presented them I am questioning my opinions. Very fine looking pens :icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS