New guy in Cary :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

titan04

New User
Josh
Hey guys and gals... My name is Josh and I am a new woodworker in Cary. Just found the site about a week ago and thought I would poke around a little first. I just setup shop and mainly build furniture now for around the house and family though finding time while fixing up the place doesn't happen often.

Not new to the area but new to my house and to this site and fairly new to woodworking. Looking for more space already... apparently a lot more wood comes out of logs than I thought :-D

Josh

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Josh. This is a great site with lots of wonderful folks, always willing to help.
Don't forget we like pictures!!
Take care,

titan04

New User
Josh
I have some pictures from my fish tank stand I built... a year or so ago... that was my intro into actual woodworking beyond handyman around the house :)

I always take pictures of projects though and will post them as I do things... may be a while if I have to wait on wood to dry :)

kbcrafter

New User
Kevin
Welcome aboard Josh. You find these are a great bunch of people . Lots of knowledge and experience.

Trog777

New User
Trog
I have some pictures from my fish tank stand I built... a year or so ago... that was my intro into actual woodworking beyond handyman around the house :)

I always take pictures of projects though and will post them as I do things... may be a while if I have to wait on wood to dry :)

My wife loves to tell the story of me building a forced vent hood for her 50gal tank. We were living in a second floor condo at the time and I built it right in the living room. :rolf: She still debates if the sawdust cleanup was worth her custom hood. 20 years later at least I have a little more room.

Welcome Josh. Found some good folks here.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
apparently a lot more wood comes out of logs than I thought :-D

Josh

All wood comes out of logs.....it grows on trees :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome Josh, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums, hopefully seeing some pics of your work and shop, and maybe getting the opportunity to meet in person:icon_thum
See you around!!

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Josh, from one Cary guy to another, WELCOME. You are going to find a lot of friends and help here.

jeeves

New User
dwight
Josh welcome this a great site. With many members more than willing to help with any questions. Enjoy Dwight

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome Josh!
Enjoy the site and we look forward to your questions, answers, and did someone say pixs :lol:

Roger

titan04

New User
Josh
Wow thanks... I got to meet a florist with the fiance and come back to all the welcomes... Any of you are welcome to come over once I get the shop finished up.

I am still building up my tool supply. Waiting out the Christmas season to place my orders for a bunch of tools like a Laguna bandsaw and powermatic lathe.... Christmas all over... it will be nice but my garage shop will never be the same LOL. I probably could use some help with layout in the shop.

Right now my focus is on getting the trees down and to the guy with the bandmill... Then it will be finding a place to put all the wood... a lot more than I planned when I picked the trees to come down in Statesville. One of the White Oak logs at its size in 16' length is over 6000lbs ... just have to find somewhere to keep it for drying and then get it down here to work :) So many woods so little space LOL

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Welcome Josh. Tomorrow nite, TWA will be having their annual auction. We meet at Klingspor's on Capital Blvd at 7:30 PM. Come a little early and look at the goodies / junk for sale. Be sure to bring your check book / cash with you. You might find something you just can't live without.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
[banana]There's always one weird guy.......[/banana]
Josh, welcome to the site! It sounds like you are the perfect addition to this group - you've got awesome power tools you'd be happy to let your fellow WW'ers use, you plan on giving away beautiful lumber because you have too much of it, you'll introduce us to your friend with the bandmill, and you live close by! You also love to help people with sanding projects, right?

If you've read the terms and conditions of this site, you should know you are obligated to send everyone who welcomed you within 24 hours a free clamp. A HF clamp will do, provided it's 12" or larger. Just send them all to me and I'll distribute them.

Bas.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome! This is one great group of guys and gals!

I cannot believe Bas missed the second most important stipulation in the terms and conditions...Pictures are a MUST! We love'em!!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome aboard Josh,

We love pictures, especially shop pictures. Join in on the conversations early and often.

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS