New from Huntersville / Charlotte

smurg

Marty
User
I recently joined the forum to take the next step in my progress. I started out about 2 years ago moving into a new house and receiving a pile of scrap 1x10 from work. Sorted it, burned a lot, and have kept some.

Built a few rough bed frames from the infamous Ana White and then recently finished a table I drew up myself (castle joints left proud, haunched breadboard ends); stain before filling knots with epoxy! I have been working exclusively with pine until I can improve but will be looking to move into hardwoods and continue amassing tools.

Running off the Kobalt 10" Jobsite Table Saw, Hitachi 10" Non-slider Miter Saw, Bosch 1617 router, and luckily picked up the trusty Dewalt 735X this last Black Friday. I have been fortunate to borrow a few neighbor's tools and I have been tracking Craigslist for deals. I'll be lurking and may post from time to time! Thanks

Attachments

Raymond

Raymond
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, smurg! You have come to the right web site. I am not too far from you in the north Charlotte area of Derita.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I have been working exclusively with pine until I can improve but will be looking to move into hardwoods and continue amassing tools.
Nice work. You've done well with what you have to work with. Its clear that you're not choosing projects timidly. Good for you.

dazart

New User
Steve
Nice work. I'm in Huntersville also and probably started around the same time. Just a lot more timid on what I've taken on so far. :)

Oka

Oka
Corporate Member
Welcome ! I used to live in Mooresville ......... this is a nice forum, great people.

smurg

Marty
User
Nice work. I'm in Huntersville also and probably started around the same time. Just a lot more timid on what I've taken on so far. :)
I'll say it's a good thing my wife wanted the base painted. Had to use filler in a few spots as my chisel abilities still require some work.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS