New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Recently, there has been some great information on the characteristics of wood in the threads. Enough so that I have been giving some thought to having a forum dedicated to the subject. We have a large number of sawyers and others who seem to be a hidden resource for us. It may be nice to have these very technical and very enlighting issues concentrated in one forum.

What do you guys think?

macdaddy

New User
Steve
Sounds great to me Steve. I think we all could use more info. on the charateristics of wood. Try it and see how many threads you get.

macdaddy

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great idea Steve. I could definitely use more knowledge about wood! That is if my pea-brain can absorb any more!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Sounds like a great idea! A useful spot to refer back to, as I am generally unable to remember anything more than where I left my car. And that I can only do when I park it at home!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think it is a great idea. A good way to consolidate the collective knowledge of such a great group of woodworkers :-D
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great ideal Steve.:icon_thum There has been a large number of posts lately regarding wood characteristics with a lot of great responses.

D L

M

McRabbet

Indeed, with DaveO's knowledge of every imaginable species of woody plant, Kyle's input on large stock, Cad's sources of exotics for turners, and many, many more, I agree that it would be a great forum for all of us. I might suggest comparable areas in the download and link libraries that would provide access to online source materials, too.

Rob

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
NCPete said:
Sounds like a great idea! A useful spot to refer back to, as I am generally unable to remember anything more than where I left my car. And that I can only do when I park it at home!

You crack me up pete, That forum would be awesome.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Steve,

I love the idea. I'd really like to learn more about wood, how it mills, finishes, looks, and moves. This kind of data get even move important when we order material over the internet... even some suppliers we actually visit don't know enough about thier product to offer guidance.

Ray

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok there is a new Wood Forum. It has 3 threads already:eusa_danc Which all came from the one purpleheart thread:roll:

There are probably more posts and/or thread that could/should be moved there. If you are mod or admin please go ahead whenever you see something and have the time. Other members, if you something, let the staff know. And the best way to do that is by filling out the Make a Request form. The form wasn't really meant to do that but it'll do. That way all mods and admins will see it and there is a better chance of it getting done

YThanks

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another grand idea Steve :icon_thum
Having a central resource would be a great help to folks like me. And it would also reduce duplication of posts.

Just don't forget to add all of Woodguys input on the qualities of pine :lol:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS