Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thread And Poll Closed Temporarily

Note: the duplication of this poll here has been done on purpose. I want to give more weight to your opinions than to the rest of the membership

Ok, it is time to decide whether or not to keep the new for sale software and/or further implement for for "Wanted" DQ, and there things.

The is a lot of customization that can be done, etc. but I have held off until we decide if we are going to keep it.

I really don't know if on the whole it is better or not. Please ring in with opinions and ideas.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Not sure how I'm going to vote yet . . . but.

The For Sale Software takes up screen real estate, that I consider valuable. Also I don't think the For Sale forum merits any more "attention" than other forums. The unique implementation is a plus. The many options (bidding for example) give added value. Folks who Ebay would probably adapt to the format quickly. I don't, but had no trouble understanding the basics. Finally, the robust features feed the interest of expanding to non-woodworking stuff. For me, that's a negative . . . others would consider it a positive.

Ok, I'm voting worse. But not much worse :lol:

Roger

clowman

Clay Lowman
I don't there has been enough traffic so far to make a good decision. I guess I am "used" to the old system. I think the categories listings are far superior to the old way. I think that's the only thing I like better. I think I'll vote with Roger.. worse, but not by much, actually, I'll probally go with about the same.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Not sure how I'm going to vote yet . . . but.

The For Sale Software takes up screen real estate, that I consider valuable. Also I don't think the For Sale forum merits any more "attention" than other forums. The unique implementation is a plus. The many options (bidding for example) give added value. Folks who Ebay would probably adapt to the format quickly. I don't, but had no trouble understanding the basics. Finally, the robust features feed the interest of expanding to non-woodworking stuff. For me, that's a negative . . . others would consider it a positive.

Ok, I'm voting worse. But not much worse :lol:

Roger

I agree with Roger. It takes up valuable real estate and stuff for sale should have the same priority as other forums. It's just another feature of the site. I voted "Worse" but not much worse.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Guys, I really don't understand the real estate issue on this one. It only shows up on the home pages and and the new posts page, where I don't think people need as much Horiz. real estate as they do on the thread reading/writing pages.

Can someone please this one to me? I'm not being a smart Axx, I just don't see this one.:eusa_thin

MikeH

New User
Mike
Guys, I really don't understand the real estate issue on this one. It only shows up on the home pages and and the new posts page, where I don't think people need as much Horiz. real estate as they do on the thread reading/writing pages.

Can someone please this one to me? I'm not being a smart Axx, I just don't see this one.:eusa_thin

It is more of a comment than anything. I am used to it now, but I really like it on the right side. It fills in the gap under the stats and such. Much improved and a better use of space. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger

Hmmm, it seems a bit more cluttered and less aesthetically pleasing from my design challenged view :-? Also, the visual prominence adds weight to overall importance of For Sale forum. Does that make sense :drunken_s

Oh yeah, I have 17" monitor :crybaby2:
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS