Need a Festool Saw Rail

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Anybody know a fellow woodworker that might have a Festool saw rail that they might not be getting as much use out of it and is ready to sell.
I've got a project that I need to get done and it's long. Not looking for alternate ways to do it just looking for a rail.
Thanx

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I assume you are using a Festool track rail. My DeWalt will not help you (and I don't want to sell any of mine) but I think your saw will work on a Makita rail. Probably others too.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Jim,
I had heard that but will the makita match up to the festool slots for the extension splines.

Billm0066

Bill
User

JimD

Jim
Senior User
$130 for two 55 rails and the connectors looks like a much better deal. It seems like they ought to work. The only things I would be a little iffy about are the pads on the bottom that keep it from sliding around when you use it unclamped (are they soft enough but still durable) and if using with a Makita do they have the extra little feature on the outside to keep the saw from tipping when using it tilted. The pads on the bottom would be a bigger deal and you can buy them as a replacement part, I believe.

Track price was a reason I did not get the Festool. The saw itself isn't terribly priced but the tracks are definitely pricey. The long Makita track is also expensive by my standards (I think it's 122 inches). The Festool track with holes has an advantage if you want to drill holes with a router on 32 mm centers but I am not aware of any key advantages of their plain track - except perhaps compatibility with jigs.

I got a 106 inch rail and a 59 when I bought my saw and later added a 44 inch. I like not having to join rails. But my work is in my shop where it isn't hard to store the long rail. If I traveled (or when I travel) I would probably use two 59 inch. Or just take the two shorter ones I have. I also have a connector - mine can only use one due to the design.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Phil,
I appreciate the offer and may take you up on it. Right now I'm trying to decide amongst all the choices/ideas posted here. I have a 55" festool rail with the 32mm hole pattern so I could go festool at maybe 75" that would put me close to my target 131 1/2 ". Then there is billm 066's idea on the Powertec rails but the fact that they don't work with the festool keeps me under 110" overall.
BTW, the 55" LR32 rail ,along with the shelf pin boring kit from festool and the router are unused and available for sale.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Greg, I have 3. A 1400 with the shelf holes, a regular 1400 and a regular 1080. You can have any one of these for free. Actually, I guess you can have the regular 1400 and the 1080.

But you’ll have to figure out a way to get them.

Last edited:

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Steve,
I really appreciate the offer but I'm not sure I know where you are. Send me a PM with address and phone number and I'll come up asap. Again, Thanx a bunch and talk to you soon.
Greg

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
At this point I think it is safe to say that that my available rails are spoken for. Never thought they would be this popular.o_O:D:D

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I ordered a Festool cordless track saw including the 55" track (1400) a few days ago. Ouch and ouch again! That hurts but it's an excellent product.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
At this point I think it is safe to say that that my available rails are spoken for. Never thought they would be this popular.o_O:D:D

I'm not surprised, I'd love a few extra rails! I may or may not have damaged one of mine when first got the saw from kickback.... (well, ok, yeah, I damaged it, but it still usable :) )

Billm0066

Bill
User
I bought the powertec rails and they are great. Two 55" rails for $129 shipped and that includes the pieces to attach them together. Festool is almost triple in price.

Last edited:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I bought the powermatic rails and they are great. Two 55" rails for $129 shipped and that includes the pieces to attach them together. Festool is almost triple in price.

A single Festool 55" rail is $145 (2x = 290). I searched for track saw guide rails at Powermatic but couldn't find them. ????? Can you post your weblink to the Powermatic rails.

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I bought the powermatic rails and they are great. Two 55" rails for $129 shipped and that includes the pieces to attach them together. Festool is almost triple in price.
Bill - DO the Powermatic rails works with the Festool (or other) saws?

Reading back through this thread, I am guessing they do b/c you wrote that you had the Festool saw but no rails. Let us know how they 'integrate'.
Thanks

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill - DO the Powermatic rails works with the Festool (or other) saws?

Reading back through this thread, I am guessing they do b/c you wrote that you had the Festool saw but no rails. Let us know how they 'integrate'.
Thanks
Jeff, the link posted earlier is for Powertech branded rails.

POWERTEC 71387 55" Guide Rail Joining Set | Includes (2) Aluminum Extruded Guided Rails and (2) Guide Rail Connectors for Woodworking Projects | Compatible with Makita or Festool Track Saws - - Amazon.com

Somewhere along the line, Bill inserted Powermatic for the brand. The linked product is $129.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Ahhh Ok thanks, Powertec makes more sense.
I had not heard of a Powermatic portable power tool, and certainly not a track saw, but then who knows?!

Billm0066

Bill
User
A single Festool 55" rail is $145 (2x = 290). I searched for track saw guide rails at Powermatic but couldn't find them. ????? Can you post your weblink to the Powermatic rails.

Damn autocorrect. Powertec POWERTEC 71118 Double-Cut Profile Universal T-Track with Predrilled Mounting Holes(2-Pack), 24" - - Amazon.com

Yes they work just fine. They even come with connectors, Festool does not $145 + $145 + $40 for connectors plus tax = $352. Its like 2.5 x the cost of the Powertec for literally the same thing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS