NCWW Scholarship Recipient! Hello Everyone!

Meredith M

New User
Meredith
Hey folks,

First, I'd like to express my deep gratitude at this groups kind donations and my delight at being chosen as a Scholarship recipient. It means a lot to be recognized and encouraged by other craftspeople on my journey to woodworking.

A little about me, I began my love affair with wood in Highschool, building sets for theater, and then moved on into more construction related fields, framing, building 2 story bamboo houses, carpentry, etc. In the past few years, I decided I wanted to transition away from the heavy lifting rough construction field into the art and craft of woodworking, but I didn't really know where to start. I took a continuing ed class at AB Tech under Chris C. and through creating my first stool, I fell in love with the craft.

I am now in my first year at HCC while working full time in the F&B industry. While the balance of time can be difficult at times, people like you supporting me with scholarships eases the financial stress while I learn. It seems like this is a pretty male dominated group, so I'm glad to bring a little diversity to the table and look forward to learning from you all!

I've included a few pieces of my work including my stool that got me on track as well as my first semester project I just completed at HCC.
IMG_20231111_111026.jpg
IMG_20221025_213101.jpg

IMG_20240115_132334.jpg
IMG_20240115_132115.jpg

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the group and congratulations

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on receiving the scholarship. We do look forward you sharing your journey. There is a great deal of knowledge here as well, so feel free to ask questions.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Meredith M welcome and congratulations on the scholarship.
I am looking forward to watching you progress, but if your current work is a glimpse into your talent... YOU GOT THIS! (AWESOME work!)

Please don't be a stranger and as Richard mentioned, there is a LOT of knowledge here and a truth - the only dumb question is the one un-asked...

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Art and craftsmanship, your work is beautiful! Best wishes on your woodworking journey and your career!

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome to the party! Your work looks fantastic. Hope to see you at one of the lunches or picnics!

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Your "master box" wall cabinet for first semester is a good looking piece. I am in communication with Allen, your classmate, about getting together next week. Please call me at 828.246.8055 when you read this. Thanks.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS