NCWW business cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
That is ridiculous! I think you have a cute house and (no offence) I don't think it was as nice when you bought it as it is now I know how much work you both have done to it!

I don't think you can fight the appraisers, but you should - people should be rewarded for increasing the value of their home not penalized!

LOL! No offense taken. This house was a mess when we bought it! As my older son said, it felt like a little house that we had inherited from an elderly relative rather than an actual purchase...

HOUSE, THEN

DSCF5801.JPG

front porch

DSCF0657.JPG

BACK PORCH

DSCF0631.JPG

bathroom (note the fuse box on the wall to the far left! the house inspector about fainted...we now have a breaker box away from water sources!)

DSCF0676.JPG

living room, complete with 1970s wall paneling...somehow I failed to take a pic of the wall-to-wall baby blue carpet that was in here

DSCF0668.JPG

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Milissa, unless you missed it there is usually a window of time to appeal your reappraisal values if you don't agree with it. I've successfully done it twice with our home. In fact I even appealed the value Wake county came back with after my appeal and was successful. The appraiser works for the county and is interested in getting the county the most tax money it can and doesn't have your interest in mind what-so-ever. All I had to do was provide some comparables in our area and show that the recent 5 or 6 homes that sold in our area sold well below their listed tax value. On the appeal of the value that they came back with I pointed out that 2 of my neighbors homes were appraised lower than mine even though they were larger, built the same year, and were on larger lots. The number they came back with after that was more in line with what we believed the value to really be.

Good luck if you decide to give it a shot if you still have the option.

B.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
O.K. we need the updated pictures too!

Yes, I saw a picture of your "old" house when I googled it. I typically do this if I intedn to drive somewhere to have a "picture" in my mind so when I get close - I am somewhat familaure.

The hose pictures you have posted on the website portray a VERY different homey-HOME!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Our little house was re-assessed and the City increased the tax value by $30k!!! Those of you who have been here are well aware that we do not have a show house at all...I mean, we love it and all that, but it is very small and quite humble. So to have the City taxes go up like that in one year was quite a hit.
The property taxes are based on both the house and the land, not just the house.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I don't know if it is of any help to you but when we were reassessed about 4-5 years ago, I appealed it and made an appointment with the board of assessors for a hearing. While waiting for that date I compiled listings from various realtor sites of all homes sold that were about the same as mine in terms of square footage, number of rooms, property size, etc. I think the most significant issue was the square footage of the homes we compared to. I presented each of the people on the board with a package containing all the information and then went over each one. At the end they reserved decision but a week or so later I got a letter stating they agreed with me and the taxes reverted back to where they were.
I just think that the whole assessment thing just takes a shot at you and if you don't appeal, and many people don't, then the tax increase stays.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
FYI - The business cards of the past (there were two batches that I'm aware of) were created by, and if I remember ordered by, me from www.gotprint.net and were not expensive at all (though it sounds like Rick is a better option now). One batch was glossy both sides, the other was glossy front and matte back. The designs varied slightly too. If you need, I can look back thru my files to see if I still have the master file (Photoshop or Illustrator). Just let me know.

Rick M

New User
Rick
FYI - The business cards of the past (there were two batches that I'm aware of) were created by, and if I remember ordered by, me from www.gotprint.net and were not expensive at all (though it sounds like Rick is a better option now). One batch was glossy both sides, the other was glossy front and matte back. The designs varied slightly too. If you need, I can look back thru my files to see if I still have the master file (Photoshop or Illustrator). Just let me know.

These would be great, thanks.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Please send me whatever you can find. As secretary, I'm kind of taking on the responsibility for organizing the printing of them. I really prefer the glossy front, matte black rounded corners style.

I'm trying to get an existing card scanned to send to Rick - been too busy lately - not enough time for shop or details like this. Will get er done soon.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Being some distance away makes it a little more difficult to get the cards, although I am often meeting military folks interested in woodworking from the NC area or nearby. I use the Avery software to make calling cards. Is the NCWW card available in that format?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes to the Avery format - I printed some that way in a bind.

The artwork - once Rick blesses it as good enough - will be uploaded to the gallery.

I will take it as a task to get the finalized artwork and the Avery (good enough - one sided) artwork uploaded somewhere to the gallery so anyone can share the word via business cards.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Somewhat off-topic.

Does anyone know someone who makes wooden business cards or nametags?

The Greenville SC woodcraft have laser etched nametags and I have seen business cards made that way too...

Rick M

New User
Rick
I thought there was a company selling perforated wood veneer sheets that could be run through a printer but maybe I imagined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS