NCWW Birthday and Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
July 10, 2005: A Gentleman named Steve Coles put a new forum on-line called ncwoodworker.net. I remember him asking on the WoodNet forum how many would be interested in a localized forum for woodworkers just in NC. I admit that my response was that the focus would be too narrow for a forum to be successful. Boy, was I wrong. I joined on July 12th just to show my support. I was lucky to be a part of the early growth of the great place and part of the initial BoD that started the ball rolling to incorporate as a non-profit.

Looking to take a Roll-Call of those early joiners and where are you now. There were two that joined on July 12th and five on July 13th and more followed on the days following.

George

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
December 2005 and by the time I got it it was well established. Thanks again to Steve for his vision.

RayH

New User
Ray
Not me, but I'd like to recognize DAVEO, who we seldom see anymore, but I believe he was one of the early signer-uppers. He pressed me into doing so a couple of years later, and I believe he was one of the great contributors.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Remember him (DaveO) well. He hasn't been on line since 3/29/15. Don't know where he has gotten to.

George

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
DaveO joined in August of 05. He's had some life events of late, sold off most if not all his tools. He's a great guy, I sure miss him, but I keep him in my prayers.

Happy Birthday NCWW!

Last edited:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I joined in January, 2006 thanks to Tom "toolferone" and Steve. It has been a great ride so far.

Hope you guys let me hang around even though I'm moving to Fl!:eek:

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Got into woodworking when I bought my first house. I had expensive tastes and thought I can make that.

Ended up with a garage full of tools and no furniture.

Moved again last year and finally have my shop set up again. Still have a house with almost no furniture but at least I have started on inside furniture instead of shop stuff.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'm one of the old timers, too and was a member of that first Board of Directors with Steve and George. I was there during the early shop crawls, have seen DaveO's infamous pink paint, the British invasion and likewise miss many of the old guard like DL Ames and Insomniac to name a few. Glad to remain a member and still participate as much as I can. Happy Birthday NCWW and thanks again, Steve.

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Unfortunately - waited until November 11 , 2005 to join. But thanks to Steve for establishing the site. Have met many, many great folks and learned many great woodworking tips since then.
Still active !!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I remember Steve, Sawduster, b4man, Rabbet, DaveO, Scott Smith, Jeff Mills, and many more who were already here when I joined. It's been a great group over the years.

:wsmile:

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I joined on July 13th and cannot believe that was 12 years ago.....where does the time go? Unfortunately, my woodworking skills haven't improved at all in the past 12 years but I'm still here (and still mostly lurking). I didn't think I had much free time in 2012 but I have even less now between work and family obligations. I'm still hoping that someday, I will find or make more free time to do some of the things I want to do. I guess some of those projects I intended to make for my kids will now be made for grand kids.....though I'm in no hurry for those given my oldest is still in high school.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Still here after almost 12 years (Dec 2005). Met a bunch including Steve Coles at a luncheon in Apex (I believe) and decided to join. I have never met such a great bunch of folks with a common interest and willing to go out of their way to support a newbie.

What a great way to meet new folks....shop crawls, lumber runs (where I finally met Jeff Mills and Scott Smith), shop moves, jig building, picnics ....and on and on I could go. The super thing is that that same ethic seems to be alive and well today!

Thanks to this guy for making it all happen!.......

100_0999.jpg

Thanks again Steve!!

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Happy belated birthday. I joined in July of 2007 being dragged over from a scroll saw forum by Cathy Skipper. I was on the first elected Board. Made a lot of FOREVER friends. Every one of you made and still makes this place special.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I remember that picture. That's the day 25 or so NCWW'ers showed up with trucks and trailers to help move my shop :) Even Steve helped ("just hold this strap Steve, and don't move") :rotflm:

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I just joined and want to thank you all for the depth and breath of knowledge and experience on this site. Looking forward to learning from the past and interacting with you all in the future.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I joined in 2007 and I don't remember how I found NCWW or what triggered my new interest in woodworking at that time. DaveO told me that there are no dumb questions, only the ones unasked by me. It's been a great ride and I've learned a lot along the way.

Thanks again to Steve and the older visionaries who got us started. :eek:ccasion1

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I remember that picture. That's the day 25 or so NCWW'ers showed up with trucks and trailers to help move my shop :) Even Steve helped ("just hold this strap Steve, and don't move") :rotflm:
####, if I knew that picture existed, I would have had it deleted. There I am hand on hip, looking 10 months pregnant.:embaresse

my wife just said I look like my mother.:swoon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS