National Magazine Looking for Awesome Workshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Folks,

Thought I would pass this request along in hopes that some of you might be interested and contact them. GOOD LUCK............:icon_thum

Subject: WOOD Magazine local workshop search

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]We are looking all across the United States and Canada for home workshops that would offer something of interest to our readers, and I’d like your help in finding some in your area. What we’d like to do is create a one-time publication, something like “America’s Best Home Workshops,” that would show detailed photographs, tool and machinery layout, dust collection network, unique storage ideas, and any helpful tips, jigs, or projects that might be waiting to be discovered. If you know of any woodworkers in your area (or even if they’re not close) that might have a home shop or a small production shop that really intrigues you and would be interested in helping out, we’d love to hear about it.

Ira Lacher
ira.lacher@meredith.com

or

Ira Lacher
WOOD Magazine
1716 Locust St., LS-221
Des Moines, IA 50309
[/FONT]

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Very cool! thanks for sharing that here!

From reading the above, it sounds like you don't have to have a complete shop, but perhaps a 'station' that is unique! So, if you have implemented a particular tool in a unique way....enter.

How cool would it be to have a NCWW in that book!?!?!?!?

Cheers!
Chris

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, I suspect this is "unique":rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

ShopDisaster800x600.jpg

sapwood

New User
Roger
Oh yeah, we should have some serious contenders. Of course, I've only seen pixs of some of these: Alan in Little Washington, Woodguy, Bernhard, Dino, Gator's famous "small shop", Scott's, and on and on . . . .

And I gotta be leaving some out :lol:

Steve Coles and I are holding out for the "Extreme Shop Make Over" :rolf:

Roger

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Rog, I'm flattered that you included me in your list - but I don't think that I'm in their league when it comes to woodworking tools!

Now, if you want to cover "breadth" of toys - oops I mean tools, then I might have a slim chance...

(I spent some time with this one earlier today...) :eusa_danc

Attachments

• Bill_d82.jpg
    Bill_d82.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS