My latest project

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
Just finished making this vase of flowers. It's a Scroller, Ltd pattern.

It's not the easiest thing I've ever made. Scrollsawing it wasn't so bad, but gluing together all those little pieces was difficult

Now to put some finish on it.

Roy

DSC00924.JPG

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Soooooooooo cool!:cool::eusa_clap

Much different that any scrolling I have seen.

Well done!!

Wayne

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
The wood is Poplar. I tried to use the green part of the Poplar for the leaves, but it didn't turn out as good as I would have liked.

Roy

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
It is a really nice piece. :thumbs_up

With all those parts, what glue do you use and how do you clamp 'em up?

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
No clamps here. The pieces are to small and fragile, plus the irregular shape wouldn't lend themselves to clamping.

Back to my younger days, when I used to build model airplanes. You just glue it and hold it until it drys.

This is the first time I have used it, but I used Aleene's Fast Grab that is recommended in the Scroller catalog for this item. It worked pretty good.

You have to hold it for maybe 30 seconds or so, then you can lay it down to finish drying which I waited about an hour. One petal at a time.

Underneath the blossoms where it doesn't show I put a spot of super glue after the Aleene's had dried, just for good measure.

Roy

cskipper

Cathy
That is lovely! I've seen similar patterns but always worried about the difficultly with assembly/finishing it. Was it difficult to "hold for 30 seconds and not get glue everywhere? Great job on it so far - please post pictures when it you applied the finish.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
A fine job of sawing and gluing.Finishing ought to be fun :D.I use the same holding technique with TB2 with juniper.
Tony

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
Cathy,

The glue is what I would call "gummy". In that, it doesn't run. It is white going on, but it drys clear, so if some squishes out, it doesn't show.

I have just started making Cinderella's carriage and I am going to try using it there, so I should know more after that.

What I like best is that unlike superglue (CA), you have some working time to position the parts. Real important when everything has to be lined up just right.

Thanks for your comments.

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS