My latest disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

New User
Janet
Hello all. I just wanted to share my latest project. I originally had 2 cats on the board to cut. I thought it would be neat. Unfortunately, I snapped a huge section out of the second cat :BangHead: So, now I've learned....."don't put pressure on your fretwork".......:eusa_naug Needless to say. all I'm left with is this...but its quite a beauty:eusa_danc

Joshuas_6th_birthday_071.jpg

Glennbear

Glenn
"All I'm left with ? " I wish my leftovers after an oops looked so good ! :gar-La; Beautiful work Janet, my daughter is a knitter/spinner with a playful cat so I am quite familiar with the subject matter . :wsmile: Where did you get the pattern or is it your own ?

nightshade

New User
Janet
I actually found the pattern on The scrollers cafe (msn user groups). It is a pattern by The Pup (connie) She makes beautiful patterns. I'm working on making my own patterns, but so far I haven't had the patience.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
In spite of the mishap, the result looks great !!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've never met two cats that played well with each other when there was a ball of yard or toy involved. It's not a disaster, it's only animal nature :icon_thum:icon_thum
Nice scroll work BTW, I like it as it is.

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
If that's a disaster, what's a good project???:dontknow:

Great job! If you hadn't told us, no one would have known it wasn't what you were aiming for!

Kalai

New User
Chris Kalai Allen
Hi Janet, that looks real nice, how thick is the wood you use? I have some thin wood I don't know what to do with, maybe you can use it? Aloha.

Kalai

cskipper

Cathy
Hi Janet, that looks real nice, how thick is the wood you use? I have some thin wood I don't know what to do with, maybe you can use it? Aloha.

Kalai

How thin? I use 1/8" or 1/4" for many of my patterns. The 1/8" is really good for stack-cutting Christmas ornaments.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Not disastrous at all :nah:......I think it qualifies for a gold star in the " nice save " category :eusa_clap
Nicely done , especially considering the thin-ness of the bridges
Good job ! :icon_thum

nightshade

New User
Janet
It's cut on 1/8th inch Baltic birch plywood. I used a thin birch veneer as a backer board. Which actually gives a really cool effect when you hold it to the light. I like using thin woods personally, though I have done one project in thick woods:) Thank you all so much for the support. It's nice to have experts tell you that something is alright:eusa_danc I need to snap a pic of the broken kitty to show off. The sad part is that I cut the really delicate face area first, and it looked really beautiful. Oh well......Enough rambling. Time to go to work now:tinysmile_tongue_t:

cskipper

Cathy
I read the suggestion that you always do the "most delicate/fragile/part you are most afraid of" first. That way if you blow it you haven't spent the time on the rest of it. I also like cutting thin wood, but stack cut several pieces for strength during the cutting. Then you just have to attach it to the backer pretty quickly. Depending on the break, you might be able to glue (wood glue not CA) them back together if you really wanted to. Add some glue and BB sawdust to the top and sand it down. The risk is ruining both. It would also be cute if you framed the other kitten and hung them facing each other. This one is great by itself, but wanted to give you some other options.

clawofthebear

New User
Tony
It turned out nice, much better than my recent pieces of scrap.

Luckily, I was sleeping when the piece broke. I can sleep through anything, so I didn't even hear the :crossedlips: coming from the shop, when Janet thought no one could hear her.

nightshade

New User
Janet
The bad part is that I was SO ****ed about snapping the piece that I threw it some where. I looked all over to find it; but it's gone. Oh well, thats what I get for losing my temper:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS