NH2NC

New User
Eric
Scrap wood -$0

Sample piece of Lexan -$0

One vertical hold down - $10

two knobs = $6

My new coping jig - PRICELESS :icon_thum

I've been wanting to get the coping jig that Rockler has for $60, but $60??? Without further ado…this is my version using only PowerPoint :XXcompute to make a template and some material that I had here at the house.

Just thought I'd share.

E-

021.JPG

View image in gallery

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
E

Slick jig. Care to share your pattern? What is the black material? Also is the backer piece replaceable? Simplicity in it's truest form. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Mike

NH2NC

New User
Eric
E

Slick jig. Care to share your pattern? What is the black material? Also is the backer piece replaceable? Simplicity in it's truest form. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Mike

Mike,

I just used a pattern for the handle, but I would be happy to share if you like.

The material is just some scrap poplar I had and if you look the Rockler version
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16416&filter=coping jig
the back piece is fixed and sits about an inch or so in from the edge as to not hit the bit. Then you just place a small piece of scrap between the material your coping and the backer...Done :thumbs_up

Works great!

CoolHandLuke

New User
Dave
I have a good sized piece of lexan if anyone is interested in making two of these (that is, one for me, one for you:eusa_danc) send me a pm and we'll see what can be worked out

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Very nice job!

In the face of adversity and a desire for ingenious thriftiness, you've show just how well you can cope.

<budump bump><crash>

Jim

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Hey everyone. It's been a crazy week:BangHead:, but I'll get back to you by the weekend with answers to your questions.

I didn't forget:icon_thum

-E

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Can't help with married life :rotflm:

But, as promised.. the measurements.

The Lexan base is 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 11 5/8" (I got samples from a good friend that works for a plastics company)

Some poplar (No India ink...just spray painted black) and a couple of 1/4-20 knobs.

I carefully measured the lines and used my router to cut those.

I have a 1/4" template for the handle (took a picture of one on a website and played with it in PowerPoint to make a template that I could trace)

Not sure if I answered everyone's questions or not...

Scott. Did you receive my PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS