Moving to Texas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
After 17 years in NC, my company is transferring me to Austin, Tx. I'm going to miss all the friends and family here, but I felt like the move was necessary. Of course, I'll find a house with space for the lathes. Hopefully, I'll be turning again soon.

I'll certainly miss the face to face interaction with all my friends here at NCWW. It has been great to be a part of this group from the inaugural shop crawls, the lumber runs, the challenges of forum moderation ;) , the launch of the H.O.W. group, and all those wonderful picnics. What a great bunch of folks!

Of course, I'll stay in touch on the forum. I wish you all the best here in NC!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bob - we will definitely miss you! Having said that, Austin is a GREAT PLACE to live; I lived in and around there for 17 years. Let me know if you need any advice about the area.

Scott

Rob

New User
Rob
Bob, going to miss you. Be sure to hit Rudy's BBQ in Round Rock. Best gas station BBQ you'll ever have.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Best wishes, my CA friend!! The Austin/Round Rock area is a great place to be transferred to!! All the best to you and Jaqui and your family.. Keep in touch my friend.

I'll treasure the goose call and pepper shaker even more.

God bless.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Having gone through seven corporate moves in my career, I know what you're going through right now. Enjoy the new city and get the lathes up and running as soon as you can.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Bob, you will have to send a pic or two...what with every thing being bigger in Texas, I want to see the lathes. :D

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
You'll be turning mesquite bowls before you know it there, Bob!

Hope you have a good relo and will enjoy everything Austin has to offer. I have heard nothing but great things about the Austin area!

Keep connected with us. :)

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
We'll certainly miss you Bob. :) As others have said, Austin is a cool town. All the best my friend. :icon_thum

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Best of luck with the move, Bob -- But please stay in touch with your fellow dust makers here in the Old North State. You'll be missed in person, but stay connected. And we hope you'll find the perfect home with a whopping Texs-sized shop when you arrive in Austin. Great city as I recall from my few visits there in the distant past.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I had a project in Austin and was there on and off for around a year or so. Austin seemed like a real nice place to live, I think you'll like it... I don't recall the name of the street downtown but it is lined with bars and clubs and although I'm not a big drinking man - I liked to bounce in and out of the bars and clubs for the live music - some of the best I've heard was on that street.

Enjoy the new digs and keep in touch spinny man

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I don't recall the name of the street downtown but it is lined with bars and clubs and although I'm not a big drinking man - I liked to bounce in and out of the bars and clubs for the live music - some of the best I've heard was on that street.

Enjoy the new digs and keep in touch spinny man

Jeff, that was 6th Street between South Congress Avenue and I35.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. I will probably settle in the northwest Austin area since work is up that way. I've only had a short visit, so I look forward to hopping around in the SoCo area. I hear there's some great music and exceptional food down there. I'll keep y'all posted.

FYI, I'll be unloading a few WW tools over the next few weeks, stay tuned. :)

minnehahas

New User
Gary
Good luck with the relocation. Austin is a great city. I was a professor at UTSA in San Antonio and spent every moment I could up in and around Austin. Make sure you head down to New Braunfels and do some river riding on Kayaks or Tubes. Its a fun little town.

Gary

After 17 years in NC, my company is transferring me to Austin, Tx. I'm going to miss all the friends and family here, but I felt like the move was necessary. Of course, I'll find a house with space for the lathes. Hopefully, I'll be turning again soon.

I'll certainly miss the face to face interaction with all my friends here at NCWW. It has been great to be a part of this group from the inaugural shop crawls, the lumber runs, the challenges of forum moderation ;) , the launch of the H.O.W. group, and all those wonderful picnics. What a great bunch of folks!

Of course, I'll stay in touch on the forum. I wish you all the best here in NC!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
We will miss you, please keep in touch and continue to post pictures of your turnings. Good luck to you.

Glennbear

Glenn
Best of luck Bob, I am glad I got to meet you and I enjoyed the times we spent together face to face limited as they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS