Mod feature request (email notifications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cloudancer said:
Can we get the text of post(s) and/or titles in the moderator notifications?
I thought you already did8-O

The subscription notification messages have that info, don't they?

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Yes regular notifications do have it, but the moderater ones don't... And I get one of each on some topics, but I suppose that's a different request and not a really big deal.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cloudancer said:
Yes regular notifications do have it, but the moderater ones don't... And I get one of each on some topics, but I suppose that's a different request and not a really big deal.

Yeah, I looked at the code and I can see the difference.:-( The whole thing is big deal, seriously. I know it bothers me, and on some I get 3.

Any way, here's one way to get around this.
I turn off sending moderation emails. Then for each forum that you are a moderator for, turn off all auto subscriptions. Then subscribe to the forum itself (under Forum Tools). That's what I've been doing.

Ok, can we get some of the other moderators in on this discussion?

Yes, I could modify the code, but that is only in a last resort. I am trying to limit as many modefication to code as I can until after I upgrade to next vbulletin release. And that I don't want to until after the new year.

The reason is that this upgrade will cause every modification to be lost!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Any way, here's one way to get around this.
I turn off sending moderation emails. Then for each forum that you are a moderator for, turn off all auto subscriptions. Then subscribe to the forum itself (under Forum Tools). That's what I've been doing.
Nope that doesn't work the way I thought:crybaby2:

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
That sounds like it would work (assuming I bumble through it correctly). I'm not a big fan of changing working code if you don't have to :D

Didn't realize you could subscribe to a forum, might have to do that to some anyway.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ok, I am a little confused...surprising isn't it. I get a e-mail of any post in Gen WW'ing, and notification of PMs and that's all. Those e-mails have the poster identified and the text of the post. That's the way it should be, for the job of a moderator. Seeing as I am online every night, I see no reason to get notified of posts from the other forums, that don't yet have a moderator and that I oversee. No problems here. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Guys, I looked at the code again. And something isn't working like it should. But the problem is I'm confuded as how it should work, let alone fix. When I get back from Hickory I'll look inti this further.

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
data for when we get back

Here is what I got in my email from a test post. It did have the text and title (hard to pick out though, I'd never even noticed it before). Ideally it would probably have the title in the subject line like subscribed threads.
-Greg

To:gwdake@yahoo.com Subject: New Post/Thread Notification: Problems & Bugs From:"North Carolina Woodworker Forums" <webmaster@ncwoodworker.net> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:54:37 -0700 Hello,

cloudancer has just posted in the Problems & Bugs forum of North
Carolina Woodworker under the title of Testing.

This thread is located at
http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=462

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Testing 1..2..3...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep that's what I get also, just scroll down and you'll get the text of the message. If you think you need to see pictures that are posted then click on the link and view them at the site. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS