Mobile NCWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Since we are updating and the staff has shown a great interest in participating, would this be a good time to add a "Mobile Style". For all of us Blackberry, IPhone, and PDA users. From what I understand from my reading, the mobile device would trigger the style to be displayed. Just a thought, and it can be the last thing we do, or not at all if everyone does not agree.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Tracy, I can't work on this. There are many was to skin this cat, but it is a difficult and probably time consuming. I wouln't even attempt this unless there is someone who is willing to take the technical lead on this this.

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy, I can't work on this. There are many was to skin this cat, but it is a difficult and probably time consuming. I wouln't even attempt this unless there is someone who is willing to take the technical lead on this this.

Thanks Steve. I am afraid I am not technologically advanced enough to tackle it by myself. I am happy with the way my BB does, but there are some that have expressed that it would be nice. I will be happy to leave it alone:gar-Bi.

TracyP

Tracy
Thank you Jim, I would like to help with the project. I am in NO hurry though. By all means get the upgrades first.:icon_thum:icon_thum

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
That would be cool, though my new 'berry renders the site far better than my old one. LOVE my 8900! a mobile specific version would probably make a few things better, like page load speeds when I'm not on wifi, or opening the mod/admin pages when I get notifications for new posts in the Corporate members forum.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I might be a broken record, but.....

As a member of the BoD, you could look at starting a Committee to work on this!

As I'm also offering unsolicited advice, I'd open the Committee up to anyone on the board. I bet we could find quite a few folks willing to test it out on their various mobile devices.

I'm also on other boards where tons of great work happen in committees. I'm a big fan of that approach.

Just my $0.02

Jim

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I would be happy to test this. and I have three different browsers on my phone to test the site with, OperaMini, Bolt, and the Blackberry Browser - which allows three different styles - BB native, IE, and FF.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Nothing for anyone to chase down. Just posting here for future investigation.

While working on photo popups, I found this setting in Photopost Gallery -> Edit Integration.

If you have Mobile Categories enabled, enter the Category ID of the Mobile Gallery here

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS