Mobile NCWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Since we are updating and the staff has shown a great interest in participating, would this be a good time to add a "Mobile Style". For all of us Blackberry, IPhone, and PDA users. From what I understand from my reading, the mobile device would trigger the style to be displayed. Just a thought, and it can be the last thing we do, or not at all if everyone does not agree.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Tracy, I can't work on this. There are many was to skin this cat, but it is a difficult and probably time consuming. I wouln't even attempt this unless there is someone who is willing to take the technical lead on this this.

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy, I can't work on this. There are many was to skin this cat, but it is a difficult and probably time consuming. I wouln't even attempt this unless there is someone who is willing to take the technical lead on this this.

Thanks Steve. I am afraid I am not technologically advanced enough to tackle it by myself. I am happy with the way my BB does, but there are some that have expressed that it would be nice. I will be happy to leave it alone:gar-Bi.

TracyP

Tracy
Thank you Jim, I would like to help with the project. I am in NO hurry though. By all means get the upgrades first.:icon_thum:icon_thum

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
That would be cool, though my new 'berry renders the site far better than my old one. LOVE my 8900! a mobile specific version would probably make a few things better, like page load speeds when I'm not on wifi, or opening the mod/admin pages when I get notifications for new posts in the Corporate members forum.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I might be a broken record, but.....

As a member of the BoD, you could look at starting a Committee to work on this!

As I'm also offering unsolicited advice, I'd open the Committee up to anyone on the board. I bet we could find quite a few folks willing to test it out on their various mobile devices.

I'm also on other boards where tons of great work happen in committees. I'm a big fan of that approach.

Just my $0.02

Jim

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I would be happy to test this. and I have three different browsers on my phone to test the site with, OperaMini, Bolt, and the Blackberry Browser - which allows three different styles - BB native, IE, and FF.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Nothing for anyone to chase down. Just posting here for future investigation.

While working on photo popups, I found this setting in Photopost Gallery -> Edit Integration.

If you have Mobile Categories enabled, enter the Category ID of the Mobile Gallery here

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors