Mini-Gloat! (Update: Now with Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Update: Now with Pics!

I picked up a CMT 8" Dado Set at the Borg! It's my first dado on a table saw. (only use was on g-pa's RAS) Looking forward to Stage 3 of AWD (Advanced Woodworking Disease), the random purposeless usaged or "Testing and Practice Stage". Ahh and pic required and forthcoming, and pics of the cut. For $95 - 10%, I hope it works good. I love my Borg CMT Combo Blade so lets see how the Dado cuts. Should update tonight.

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Re: Mini-Gloat!

My promise is false as rum intervened with the operation of dangerous powertools. Apologies my friends! Pics will follow!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

Nice score Zach! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc Lookin forward to the pics.:icon_thum

SubGuy

New User
Zach

As promised, pics.
CMT_Dado.JPG

View image in gallery
CMT 8" Dado from BORG, cuts well so far, but I'm afraid I need more arbor and more saw to use it properly. Also the home-made push stick and the MDF Modification to my Crap Firestorm Fence. This has made a big difference as well.

16pc. Forstner set from Grizz. They cut well with my baby table top drill. I can't wait to get them in a nice drill press.
Just some trying out on a piece of scrap pine
Got my Planer Cabinet together. It's rough made from crap ply but did get to use my buddies Kreg Jig on it. Also extension tables came in, those went on last night.
My CMT 10" Combo Blade. I love how much better a cut it is over the stock Firestorm Blade.
And this would be my little space of my own.:cool:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

Thanks for sharing the pics Zach. Those are some nice gloats. I'm in dire need of a new TS blade. I've been using the same one that came on my Skil TS that I got 2 years ago. :swoon: Also, your shop looks to be about the same size as mine. :eek:ccasion1 I've noticed that having a small shop makes it a lot easier to cover everything with sawdust. :gar-La;

SubGuy

New User
Zach

Thanks for sharing the pics Zach. Those are some nice gloats. I'm in dire need of a new tablesaw blade. I've been using the same one that came on my Skil tablesaw that I got 2 years ago. :swoon: Also, your shop looks to be about the same size as mine. :eek:ccasion1 I've noticed that having a small shop makes it a lot easier to cover everything with sawdust. :gar-La;

Definitely go with the CMT at Lowe's for a good blade at a good price.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Zach; When using the dado blade you only need to use the nut NOT the blade washer, this gives you that little extra arbor length. USE the washer on regular blades always :gar-Bi

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Zach; When using the dado blade you only need to use the nut NOT the blade washer, this gives you that little extra arbor length. USE the washer on regular blades always :gar-Bi

Thanks for the tip, I never would have know that. Make sense I reackon!:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors