Might have a problem with planes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Spent a little fun time in the shop today. Picked up a very nice Stanley #5 at the Flea this morning and got one delivered by UPS last Friday. Since the last 2 need a little blade work,I got the Worksharp out and honed the edges to a keen 8000 Grit. Sweet! Then a little fun on a Red Oak Board. Very sweet!
Then I thought I might get a group shot of just my 5's. Then I started realizing I might have a problem with planes....can you have too many? I might need to check them all, they are multiplying like rabbits! Afraid it's about time to find new homes for a few!
Stanley_Fives.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm just glad I have a huge mortgage, four teenagers, two car payments, medical and vet bills, etc, etc...!

If not, I would have a problem similar to yours. :rotflm:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Now as a good samaritan willing to help you with your plane issue, I might be interested in taking one of those off your heavy shoulders ! :gar-Bi

When your ready, of course, to deal seriously with your issue! :nah:

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Planes and chisels are definately my weak point....I've lost track of the number of each I have! I had no ideal that I had this many #5's. 3,4 & #5's are my weakness in planes. Old makers in chisels are a crutch also. Though I love my Lie-Nielson planes, mortise chisels and bench chisels. Could be worse, wine and women could be my vice!:rotflm:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Planes and chisels are definately my weak point....I've lost track of the number of each I have! I had no ideal that I had this many #5's. 3,4 & #5's are my weakness in planes. Old makers in chisels are a crutch also. Though I love my Lie-Nielson planes, mortise chisels and bench chisels. Could be worse, wine and women could be my vice!:rotflm:

When it comes to hand tools, you remind me of something funny I heard playing golf one day:

An old cowboy sitting at the saloon, recounting his life, says: I spent 90% of my money on Wine, women and gambling. The other 10%, (Spits) ahh... I just wasted ! :gar-La;

You go right ahead and do what you love best!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
While on the topic, will you be making Ed Hobbs shin-dig and hand tool addiction enablement gathering saturday?

Jim

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
I'm going to try my best to attend. Quite a drive, but it sounds like it would be worth it! Can you register on Friday? I didn't get my form sent back by the deadline...If not, can you still register Saturday morning. I would like to be there early for the sales. Would plan on staying in a hotel the night before to be able to get there early. Might find a plane that I can't live without!:gar-La;:gar-La;

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Give Ed a shout, he can answer your questions on the specifics. They like pre-registration to try to estimate the amount of food to cook up.

But, I'm sure you can show up that day, cash in hand and still get in. They won't turn away a crazed neanderthal :)

Jim

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Ed sent me the form. I had planned on attending. My 13 year old Doberman "Commanchee" is having a large tumor removed sometime during this week, whenever the vet sets the time. So, it all depends on how he is doing by Friday. I'll have to be sure my wife can take care of him while I'm away. So, it's still up in the air whether I'll make it or not. Hope too!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
:nah: Nah, you don't have a problem, you have the disease!

Very nice collection!

Spent a little fun time in the shop today. Picked up a very nice Stanley #5 at the Flea this morning and got one delivered by UPS last Friday. Since the last 2 need a little blade work,I got the Worksharp out and honed the edges to a keen 8000 Grit. Sweet! Then a little fun on a Red Oak Board. Very sweet!
Then I thought I might get a group shot of just my 5's. Then I started realizing I might have a problem with planes....can you have too many? I might need to check them all, they are multiplying like rabbits! Afraid it's about time to find new homes for a few!
Stanley_Fives.jpg

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I've just started down the slope. I only have two 5s...maybe 3?? :dontknow:

I seem to have a weakness for block planes. Makes no sense really I just reach for them all the time.

Very nice family photo BTW. Love the one in the front, what a beauty. :cool:

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS