Metal Ductwork Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temp626

New User
Tom
I live in the Charlotte/Concord, NC area and was wondering if anyone knows where I might find a reasonable supplier for metal duct for my dust collector. I will be using approx. 80 feet of 6" duct and enough 4" for approx. 10 drops. I will also be looking for 3 6" blast gates and approx. 10-12 4" blast gates. I am still up in air on whether I will go with spiral pipe or 26 gauge snaplock.

Also, if anyone knows of someone that has some of the above leftover from a project, please let them (or me) know.

thanks for the help.

tom

T

tmwassack

Tom,
Dixie Sheet Metal here in Asheboro can make you 26 gauge spiral pipe in even sizes up to 10 inch. I recently had them make me a short run of 4 inch for a new machine installation. Good quality aluminum blast gates are readily available online. I have also bought spiral pipe (5 inch) and all the various long radius elbows, wyes, laterals, blast gates, etc. from Spiral Manufacturing for very reasonable prices compared to other suppliers such as Oneida.

Regards,
Tom Wassack
Asheboro, NC

Last edited by a moderator:

Chemeleon

New User
Matt
Best deal I found on the pipe I bought last year was at East Coast Metal Distributors I forget the exact price, but want to say it was something like $1.50-1.75 per foot for 6" 26ga. I bought at the Columbia SC location, but appears they have one around Charlotte too. They did have a sign up saying they only sold to hvac contractors, but they didn't even mention that when I went in.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
East Coast Metal Distributors should be able to help you, although I've never tried to buy spiral duct pipe from them. They have locations in Charlotte, Greensboro, and other cities in NC. A Google search for them with your zip code should bring up the nearest location.

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors