Maybe we need a new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thought I would post the relevant text from current NCWWer policy statement.

Prohibited Subjects

• Expressions of bigotry and intolerance, intentional or not, this includes
    negative comments or direct attacks based on race, religion, sex or sexual
    preference.
  • Any "code words", phrases or other methods, intentional or not, to disguise
    expressions of bigotry and intolerance
  • Attitude problems
  • Harsh comments
  • Argumentative behavior
  • Political content.
  • Religious content.
  • Sexual content or innuendo, no matter how mild
  • Posted links to material that is prohibited, is also against policy.
A Special Word About Religion

Many of our members are very devout and feel that their religion and beliefs play an extremely important place in their lives. We applaud the fact that you have strong spiritual beliefs and live your life by them. But there will be other members who feel the same except that their spiritual beliefs may be in direct contradiction. Please remember that some of mankind's worst and longest lasting wars were fought over differences of spiritual belief. While I feel sure nothing said on this site will result in violence, I am sure that some statements of a religious nature will eventually cause some level of disharmony. So in the spirit of "prevention" mentioned above, all religious content is banned from this site. However, the following exceptions will apply.

Phrases such as, "God bless you", "Bless you", and "you are in our prayers" are more than acceptable. Also, the phrases used to greet and or wish well being during certain seasons or holidays such as "Merry Christmas" are allowed and even encouraged, regardless of the religious foundation of the holiday and/or season.

A Special Word About Politics

Unfortunately, politics has the same potential as religion to incite tempers, etc., so the same type of prohibition applies to Politics. There are also exceptions to this rule. A post suggesting that people vote or otherwise participate in the political process is quite acceptable.

At the time of the writing of this document, the United States is involved in several military conflicts. A great political debate is probably on the horizon concerning our involvement. While it will remain our policy to not allow this debate to take place on this site, one aspect will be allowed. Any statements in support of the troops themselves are not only allowed but encouraged. This is also true of any individual or group who goes in harm's way for the betterment of our society, such as police, fire fighters. etc.

HTH,
Roger

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks Roger, a little reminder never hurts, and we do have four new moderators on staff. Some fresh new ideas coming with them. But we need to all keep in mind Steve's original vision and remember that he has entrusted us to carry out that vision from day to day.

toolman

New User
Chad
Well I will give my 2 cents on this.

6 months after this web site started I joined # 287. The policy statement was the same then as now, and I have tried to follow it to the tee.
I have seen a oops here and there, but in the last 2 months it has went to the dogs! I have read:

Just tell me the rules and I can usually get in the game.
I do hate to see topics like the economy, patriotism, etc. be taboo.

First off this is a woodworking site, I come there to get, recieve, and give help on woodworking. This is a WoodWorking site not a potential or religion site. If we let is go on, next we will see sex and more. If all rembmers we use to say YOU S@@K and it was ok, but now that is a no no. :crossedlips::crossedlips::crossedlips:

I get sick of TV and Radio - potential and religion 24-7, I have all but stop looking at TV and Radio because of it! :wsad:

From time to time when I log on I get a link to a thread, that I must read. Can we not have this happen ever 15 days or so and the link go the site Policy Statement? I still believe the statement is a good one and spells this out.

I believe we cause are own problem by not stopping some thread from the get go.

Just my 2 cents!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS