Masonry fireplace fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
I have a masonry fireplace and as most of you who have one, know that they can be very energy inefficient. In fact, when the outside temperature falls below 40f, a fire in the fireplace will actually pull conditioned warm air out of the house leaving you feeling cold.
I found a solution I wanted to share with everyone. It's called a cozy grate and it is placed in your fireplace in place of the existing grate.
When this thing get a fire started in it, it will put out about 40,000 btus of extra heat INTO you house rather than out of it.

I wasn't sure the claims were't just a bunch of hype but I took a $450 chance and the darn thing works great. My family room (20x50) went form 67f to 71F in about 90 minutes with the outside temperature being 35f.

End result is a warm crackling fire that will acutally help heat your house. I was just so happy to have a warm fire back in my house that I wanted to share this find with everyone. An no I am not selling these things, i just think they are really great, grate, grait, what ever.:gar-La;

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Sounds like a way to make the best use of your fire place. We have gas logs and haven't fired them up yet, the price of gas scares us.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sounds cool, er hot Mark!
I use a fireplace insert with a blower. Requires a lot of hard work but it saves money :icon_thum

However when the temps drop into the 20s it won't keep the inside temp higher than high 50s without help from the heat pump. Think I need more of those BTUs :mrgreen:

Roger

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
I really missed my fireplace for such a long time. The heat is great and I now have a place to put my mistakes, I mean my scraps. . . . . No, I mean my mistakes.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Sounds like a way to make the best use of your fire place. We have gas logs and haven't fired them up yet, the price of gas scares us.

I wish the price would scare my wife - I wanted a masonary fireplace but I had to go with the gas:nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS